Taking screenshots of games (Help)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

FatherGhostface
Defense Minister Status

Taking screenshots of games (Help)

#1 Post by FatherGhostface » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:04 pm

I might be posting this in the wrong area, but I've recently got a new computer and I installed the new KQ Collection on it, and for some reason, I hit Ctrl-Print Screen and when I go to paste it in say, the 'Paint' program, it comes out looking all dark and vague looking. It only does this when I try to take screenshots of games.

Anyone care to help me here? Again, Erpy, I apologize if I posted this is in the wrong area.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Re: Taking screenshots of games (Help)

#2 Post by pbpb33 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:46 am

You can use programs like CamStudio and Screenshot Pilot to record movies and snap shots of the gameplay.

Billetwound
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Billetwound » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:14 pm

You can try not running the games in Full Screen Mode or just switch out when you want a screen capture, Then use the Print Screen button. Paste that into paint. Then crop the picture down to the window of the game. I had the same issue with screenshots and that seemed to be the fix for me. Hope that helps. :)

gamecreator
Knight Status

#4 Post by gamecreator » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:07 pm

If you're running it through DOSBox, it has its own screen capture built-in (as well as video capture).