Quest for Glory IV 3D (ZDoom Hexen mod)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

Quest for Glory IV 3D (ZDoom Hexen mod)

#1 Post by Blake00 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:43 am

Hi guys :)

I figured it was finally time to drop by and publicly announce my Quest for Glory IV 3D project. After years of tributing other peoples awesome QFG fan games at Blake's Sanctum I decided to have a go at making my own QFG fan game.

QFG4 3D is a total conversion single player 19 map mod for the classic game Hexen with the ZDoom enhancement. The mod contains new levels, textures, decoration, weapons, monsters, NPCs, cutscenes, music & sounds taking players on an old-school linear 3D action adventure set in the world and story of the great classic Sierra game Quest for Glory IV - Shadows of Darkness.

Before anyone else says it I'd like to say that QFG4 doesn't need to be in 3D, nor is my project an attempt to convert every single part of the game to 3D (if you want to do everything in QFG4 then go play QFG4 haha). I created QFG4 3D just for fun and to see if I could actually do it lol. Plus it was rather fun to create new areas/views not seen in the original game (eg I show more of the town & give you 360 degree views of each original game location). So if others happen to enjoy this project too then that's a bonus, but if you're not a fan of retro gaming & graphics then this probably isn't going to be of much interest to you.

I used the old Hexen/Doom engine as I lack the graphic & programming talents to use a modern game engine, plus I wanted it to retain the look at feel of the era when QFG4 came out. However the ZDoom/GZDoom extension updates the old engine quite a bit to use true 3D, OpenGL effects & now in 2016 it even supports VR! So if you ever wanted to walk around Mordavia as if you were there then this is your chance (at least until someone else does a much better job haha).

Hope you guys enjoy this first demo below. Be warned that it will likely be a long time before there's another demo, I've spent nearly 2 years on this & another project and have sacrificed a lot. I'm burnt out & want to do other things, including getting back to PLAYING games instead of making them lol!

Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

For more information, more screenshots, animations+descriptions of all weapons & monsters you'll face, and of course the download links for the demo and required files check out my QFG4 3D website here:
Blake's Sanctum – Quest for Glory 4 3D

Image Image Image Image

If you just want to see it without all the hassle then here's a playthrough/walkthrough video series I made..

Part 1 - Character Selection, Dark One Cave, Swamp, South Western Forest & Rusalka Lake.

Part 2 - Rusalka Lake, North Western Forest, Borgov Castle Gate, Town Gate, Exploring Town, Burgomeister Office, General Store & Adventurers Guild.
https://youtu.be/tD8SwPYLuQc?list=PLZqn ... E6gBd_w9Z9

Part 3 - Adventurers Guild, Thieves Guild, Monastery, Monastery Basement, Exploring Town, Dr Cranium's Lab & Hotel Mordavia.
https://youtu.be/DXTXZzOG3cU?list=PLZqn ... E6gBd_w9Z9

Part 4 - Hotel Mordavia, Exploring Town at Night, Nikolai's House, Town Gate, Central Forest at Night & Graveyard Wraith Battle.
https://youtu.be/4PbrDEsst-M?list=PLZqn ... E6gBd_w9Z9

Part 5 - Graveyard Wraith Battle, South Eastern Forest, Eranas Peace & Storming Borgov Castle.
https://youtu.be/vuOBCFzsd38?list=PLZqn ... E6gBd_w9Z9
Last edited by Blake00 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blake00
Royal Servant Status

Re: Quest for Glory IV 3D (ZDoom Hexen mod)

#2 Post by Blake00 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:44 am

Oh and the other project I worked on isn't related to QFG or Sierra gaming but if there's any trekkies here they may enjoy it. I've been working on a Star Trek - The Next Generation Doom level where you fight against the Borg and Species 8472 which I'll be releasing in a few days too. Demo video here: