It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Good Old Games Shuts Down
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:54 pm 
Defense Minister Status

Yeah it did work, and admittedly, I can't think of any better scheme to attract attention (save maybe a sweet contest of some sort) but something about the whole thing still doesn't sit right with me. It's not a big deal or anything, I wont lose sleep over it, but it still seems kind of shady.

I'm not sure why everyone seems to excited for Baulder's Gate either, I honestly didn't like it that much and never completed it, But that's just me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:52 pm 
Royal Servant Status

Yeah, i barely even remember Baulder's Gate when it was originally out. I mean i had heard of it, but i didn't know anyone that played it or anything. and I think i remember looking at it and was like i dont think i'd like this game. I mean i remember playing Some of the older AD&D games. Like Pool of Radiance , Curse of the Azure Bonds, and Secrets of the Silver Blades, but after that i got away from the Forgotten Realms stuff. My Eldest brother was mostly into those type of games. I played them like once and it was enough for me.

I do remember i did have a AD&D kinda construction kit (For the life of me i can't remember what it was called) but you could make your own Journeys and stuff, that was kinda interesting.... I remember someone made a Monty Python and the holy grail AD&D game. LOL. that was funny. It came in some kinda package i got for my brother that was so cheap i bought a second one for me. Like 6 different D&D games, with Eye of the Beholder in them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:36 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

Joystiq's posted an interview with Guillaume Rambourg, managing director of Good Old Games.

Official Member of the VGL Street Team