King's Quest IV VGA is still alive

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

King's Quest IV VGA is still alive

#1 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:29 am

This is from Magic Mirror Games Oct. 4th

New sprite artists

Progress on the demo had been limited by the lack of sprite development. However, we are again making progress as we are pleased to welcome two new sprite artists to our team:

* janinex9
* Shadrack/King Alexander

http://www.mmgames.org/KQ4/?p=33&cpage=1#comment-31

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

Re: King's Quest IV VGA is still alive

#2 Post by crayauchtin » Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:21 pm

Yayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#3 Post by pbpb33 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:27 am

Awesome, this is one of my favorite games! One small issue, though... I like the whole idea of being faithful to the original series, but a fresh look for the title screen would be welcome. Just because KQ's 5 and 6 had the golden Roman numerals emerging from the stone wall doesn't mean all new remakes need to feature that exact title screen art style and music, too! Still, the wall scene could still be incorporated into the intro sequence somehow... like maybe the camera is panning along castle walls until it reaches the engraved KQ logo in the middle of some vines, at which point the camera stops and title words appear. It's fine to keep familiar aspects, but that darn wall art and music are starting to feel a little too recycled... at least put in SOME kind of twist. Also, in case of anyone from that KQ4 team is reading, please consider letting us easily click through or bypass the entire the opening animated sequences after we load the game... so we can quickly restore our saved games without having to every time listen to that little trill sound when the Roman numeral pops up. Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. Hopefully this game makes it to the finish line. A lot of people would love it!

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:01 pm

I've always loved the intro's to the KQ games, from the Sierra logo twinkling to the da da da daaaa as the roman numerals appear, its what makes it KQ!!!

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#5 Post by DrJones » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:54 pm

I don't know about Mirror Games, but I love the threads that Nightfable creates from time to time on the AGS forums.

http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=42263.0

AncientHero89
Peasant Status

#6 Post by AncientHero89 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:39 pm

Is it still alive? I just played through all of your VGA remakes and I am really looking forward to KQ4 :D

adeyke

#7 Post by adeyke » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:45 pm

If you look at their main page, you'll see this that the game is on indefinite hold since the middle of last year. So no.