Star Dude VI: Return of the Moderator

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Star Dude VI: Return of the Moderator

#1 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:40 am

Well what in the fruitcake has been going on here lately!! First thing I see writing this is those old smileys! How cool are they :hat :hat

So, what's everyone been upto lately?

Can't believe it's been 10 years since the "Golden Age" of this forum. Life certainly gets in the way.

So for me, I'm currently living with my fiancée Lisa, we have a 13 week old little girl called Alexis! Her big sister Katherine will be 10 years old on 30th of this month, I know I can hardly believe it either. She is such a bright, kind and positive little girl. She loves going to Judo and playing Minecraft with me :lol

I work for BT (British Telecommunications) who are a phone line, broadband supplier and TV broadcaster. Pretty boring but pays the bills and lets me buy lots of PS4 games (no I haven't really changed at all!!)

So, how is everyone else doing?

EDIT: Everyone is pretty much on Facebook these days, so if you want to stay in touch with anyone then join this AGDI Fan group I made a while back - https://www.facebook.com/groups/72252180129/

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

Re: Star Dude VI: Return of the Moderator

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:51 pm

I'm still around. I check the forums every couple of days. Lately, its just to make sure no one is posting spam though. Haven't really had a good conversation going here in a while.

What's changed for me in the last 10 years?

I just celebrated my 10 year anniversary with the company I work for now, meaning I've been out of the Navy for over 10 years. Sometimes it seems like it hasn't been that long since I was on the submarine, but sometimes it seems like a lifetime ago.

I'm currently as the Controls Engineer for The Bama Companies in Tulsa, OK, USA. That boils down to meaning I'm in charge of all the factory automation for our three plants. Its fun and challenging for me, as I get to do programming everyday and see it working in real life.

I got married about seven years ago. My wife adopted my two children I had from before and we've added two more to the mix. I've got four daughters, ages 2, 5, 13, and 14. It's exhausting. ;)

Between work and family, I haven't had much free time. I've had the opportunity to get involved with Himalaya on a few of their latest projects, but have had to decline. That was a really tough decision, but I didn't want to promise on something I couldn't deliver. Hopefully things calm down a bit for me in the coming years and I can get back to games.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re: Star Dude VI: Return of the Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:41 pm

Haha! I was actually looking for a "like" button there Navy!!

I couldn't imagine living in a house with 5 girls! 3 is bad enough!!