Osama Bin Laden is dead.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

They Call Me Brutus
Peasant Status

Osama Bin Laden is dead.

#1 Post by They Call Me Brutus » Mon May 02, 2011 3:21 am

You heard it here first. Or not.

Obama is due to give a statement on this within the next few minutes:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/live/presiden ... -statement

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: Osama Bin Laden is dead.

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Fantastic news! But it's merely a temporary dent that will have no long-term effect on the efficiency of jihadists to operate on a global scale.

So much time and money has been spent taking down merely one symbolic figurehead, when hundreds of thousands more fundamentalists exist. Both those willing to fill the void by becoming new 'spiritual' leaders and also those prepared to carry out violent attacks. Hydra head syndrome requires cheap prevention, rather than a costly cure, and Islamic terrorism won't be stemmed by making already-fundamental leaders take a dirt nap. Nor by trying to win hearts and minds of those who possess neither. Gotta stop it at the source.

In Obama's address, he said bin Laden is not a Muslim leader. But then went ahead and provided the terrorist's corpse with full Islamic Rites! I cannot believe how obtuse government officials can be at times. It's repulsive for them to prop-up the violent ideology that bin Laden espoused by 'honouring' his death in accordance with the rites of a backwards culture of murder. That's not an example of demonstrating you're above the tactics of your enemy; it's validating and authenticating jihadist ideology. Bin Laden's victims didn't receive such honours, but I can't say I'm surprised. Even when the military makes an example of public enemy #1 (which should act as a warning and deterrent), you can rely on Obama to completely undermine their effort and do something grossly inappropriate. Is there a single speech where he doesn't downplay American achievement while showering Islamic culture with fabricated accolades? :rolleyes I mean, it's good that bin Laden is finished and all, but why can't Obama just leave the speech at that without going off on a tangent about Islam/Western relations each time? You don't need to justify killing a terrorist like bin Laden!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Mon May 02, 2011 5:15 pm

You really need to be careful not to turn into a grumpy old curmudgeon.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#4 Post by DrJones » Tue May 03, 2011 5:10 pm

I've heard the news, and even though retaliation is to be expected, I believe this action has prevented far more deaths in the long run. Here in Spain most journalists are uproared that USA has been so arrogant as to kill the most dangerous man in the world without questions, which makes me worry about the sanity of my fellowmen, though I don't think they can beat the time when they sided with the islamic terrorists that beheaded an italian journalist that worked for Hamas, claiming it had to be a false flag operation because he was pro-communist and anti-Israel.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Tue May 03, 2011 10:31 pm

People over here think it's a good thing Bin Laden was taken out of the picture, though the majority would have preferred it if he had been captured alive and put on trial instead of assassinated and I can sympathize with that point myself. I guess they wanted to deny him the opportunity to claim the spotlight and inspire more extremists. Now the only thing that remains of him are the memories he left behind. (oh, and apparantly one more incoming tape)

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#6 Post by DrJones » Tue May 03, 2011 11:45 pm

He also left his computer and hard disks. I think these news might spell doom for Al Qaeda in the near future.

gamecreator
Knight Status

#7 Post by gamecreator » Thu May 05, 2011 5:25 pm

Or at least an inconvenience while they quickly move to new spots in Pakistan, courtesy of the government.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#8 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Thu May 12, 2011 10:35 pm

I honestly have to say that he got what he deserved. I know I haven't been posting here a lot lately. Don't get me wrong I've always loved it here and this place will always have a special place in my heart. But as thing have slowed down a lot here as far as people posting. I found a new forum home like a child leaving it's parents almost. But over all this news was really a source of mixed feelings at my home forum and some people went as far as defending Bin Laden. In which despite him doing the stuff he did he did not deserve to die. Some even said no one really knows if he did these things or not. Like a grown child coming home to ask it's parents advice. Do you think a divide on a topic like this could lead to a forum splitting. I know from what I've heard before about AGDI and the fact that IA was once part of it even though y'all stayed friends something split y'all in to separate forums and fan game designers. I never really got why but...

As for the news on Bin Laden dieing and the forum I'm referring too do y'all think it's possible that a split could be coming to it?

Or could it just be bad politics?