Sierra On-Line Interaction

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

oberonqa
Peasant Status

Sierra On-Line Interaction

#1 Post by oberonqa » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 am

Hey all,

I want to take a moment to introduce you to Sierra On-Line Interaction, my pet project which is basically converting the Interaction Magazine issues into an indexable (is that even a word?!?!), searchable, and easily viewable wiki format with extensive hooks to Sierra Chest, Sierra Help Pages, and MobyGames.

As of right now, I have issues 1-4 completely converted and are viewable. I have also overhauled the navigation system (if you have previously visited the early incarnation of the wiki back in December 2010), implemented a game and person index, as well as implementation of site forums and a Facebook page dedicated to the project.

This work is a true labor of love and it is with no small amount of pride that I reintroduce Sierra On-Line Interaction to you, the community. While the entire site is still under construction, I feel I have reached the point where I can begin promoting the project while I continue working on the conversion process. With that said, please feel free to stop by and see what everything is all about. If you wish to stay informed of site updates, simply click the Facebook "Like" button at the bottom of any of the pages of the site, which will enable you to receive project update notifications as they happen via Facebook. If you wish to utilize the forums, Wikidot registration is all that is needed in order to become a member of the site, which enables forum posting privileges.

Right now the site is on Wikidot's "free" package, which has advertising on the top of each page. This is an annoyance, as the project is entirely not-for-profit and no revenue is generated or collected by me. Once I reach a certain daily pageview threshold, I will be upgrading the site to Wikidot's "Pro" package, which will remove the ads. I point this out only to make my not-for-profit intentions clear.

Future plans include revamping the site graphics (which are, at this point, temporary place-holders at best), making an Android version of the site, as well as providing multiple languages. I am also giving some small thought to changing the name of the project to Interaction Magazine Archive... but that is just an idle thought right now...

Special thanks to Tawmis, Collector, and Rudy over at SHP for inspiring me to begin this project and for their continued support. And of course, a special thanks to you, the community, for whom this project is namely for. In all my years, I have never seen a more tight-nit community than the Sierra community. It is a testament to our common love of Sierra and her treasured memory that we are as close as we are and how every day members of our community make great strides in honoring Sierra, be it by participating in game remakes, organizing resources, or providing a home for all of Sierra's wayward sons and daughters the world around.

SITE URL: http://sierrainteraction.wikidot.com/

Sir A
Peasant Status

Re: Sierra On-Line Interaction

#2 Post by Sir A » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:15 am

Good job! These pieces of Sierra's history are a real treasure, thank you for uploading them.
looking forward to more updates.