It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Funny Facebook Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:53 pm 
Honorary AGD

I got this message from one of my wife's Facebook friends. I guess she was viewing my profile and noticed the background from KQ3Redux that I have as my banner.

Wife's friend:
Sean, is that a computer game for your picture, and if so, what game? I love playing remastered old computer games from when I was a kid, especially Kings Quest!! Do you remember those?

Me:
Hah! Do I remember them? I was lead programmer/project director on the remastered King's Quest 3. Check us out at http://www.agdinteractive.com/

We've got the first three KQ's available for free plus Quest for Glory 2. If you like those games, check out http://www.himalayastudios.com/ (it is our commercial branch).
You can also check my friends list on Facebook. I've got the bulk of the original Sierra staff as friends.

Wife's Friend:
WOW!!! OMG That is amazing!!! We have to have a sit down talk one day! I need to come over and see my little Ash and your new baby!!! WOW That is amazing, I can't believe it!! I am like, starstruck!!! Truly, and this girl does NOT get star struck in real life! WOW I downloaded all the free games from AGDinteractive and love them and am sooo pleased!!! I only wish you had done all of the games!! What a thrill! I have been having a bad day and you just made me smile. That is sooo awesome!!! I love Sierra. I have been playing their games since I was about 9 years old. I am now 33!! I played KQ, Space Quest, Heroes quest, Leisure Suit Larry (yes, at like 10 years old!) How awesome!!! What a thrill! Can't wait to talk to you about this sometime in person! WOW!!!

Me:
Have you played our King's Quest 3 remake? It is relatively new. It has been out about a year. If you pay attention as it is loading, it is dedicated to Leilani, Caitlin, and Ashlen.

Some other groups that are doing similar stuff are http://www.tsl-game.com/ and http://www.infamous-adventures.com/

The Silver Lining continues the KQ plot in sort of a King's Quest 9. It is 3D, so it is a different format than the classic interface. It is a good game though.

Infamous Adventures met through our website and started doing similar games. They've released a KQ3 remake and a SQ2 remake.

Wife's Friend:
Awesome!! Thanks for this info! I haven't play KQ3 yet because I haven't beat KQ2 yet! I beat 1 in about 3 days. Stuck on KQ2 underwater.....so.....can't wait to beat it and play KQ3, though I hate to beat them all and then have nothing left to play! I will also play the Quest for Glory you have available. This is so awesome. No one else understands!!! HAHA Glad I "found" you! I will definately check out all the sites you gave me! Thanks! This is too cool! I was gushing to my hubby at lunch about this!! MADE MY DAY!

Post subject: Re: Funny Facebook Message
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:42 am 
Defense Minister Status

That is awesome Navy! I am sure we can all relate to the joy we had when we first found agdi. For some of us old timers that was a long time ago huh :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:16 pm 
Royal Vizier Status

Haha, that is awesome.

Bt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:20 pm 
The Master of All Things Musical

Blackthorne519 wrote:
Haha, that is awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:13 am 
Slacker of Shapeir

I'm on Reddit often now and every month or so I see a Sierra related post so of course I go through much the same thing and link everyone and talk about various games. It comes up most often in the Mac Gaming subreddit to be honest.

Calik Status: Hero of Speilburg Has become the Prince of Shapier and a Hero among Tarnans, after freeing the Mordavians from eternal fear he was zapped to the land of Silmaria where an import bug has him trapped between worlds.
4/5