Random rants go here.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

Re:  Random rants go here.

#501 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:48 pm

Yea I remember the Dogz and Catz series, my sister used to play on them alot.

I also remember putting in rude words on the banner screensaver at school lol!

Broomie
The Enigma

#502 Post by Broomie » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:22 pm

I remember that desert island guy one being pretty cool.
I think you're probably referring to the Jonny Castaway screensaver. There's a whole damned website dedicated to it, heh. You can still download it as well. I believe I found it on a Sierra disc, it was either KQ6 or SQ6 I can't remember but I had a lot of fun watching it when I was younger.

Speaking of screensavers, we had a CD which contained a load of sick and twisted screensavers. They were very funny but in bad taste. To name a few, there was a bungee jumping cow screensaver which allowed you to change the settings to alter the "safety" of the rope which could result in pleasant bouncing for the cow or the rope snapping, sending the cow splattering into the ground. It was very sick but as a child growing up in a world that glorified violence in the media, you couldn't help but laugh.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#503 Post by Brainiac » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:30 pm

Oh no, not again...

Then again, games can lead to stupidity. Like paying $17,500 for a seven-minute title (yeah, I know it's incredibly rare, but still...).

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

Re: Random rants go here.

#504 Post by Lady Pyro » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:23 pm

WHY? Why would someone pay that much money for something they're not even really going to enjoy? I don't understand! It's the same thing with some of my friends who 'collect' games. WHY? I'd rather rent, enjoy and return a game then have it just to have it. Games are supposed to be about playing, not showing off. I have a friend who always brags about owning an imported copy of every final fantasy and I just don't get it! You can't play them! What is there to enjoy in that?
UUuuuugh that attitude annoys me.
Whoops that really was a rant. Lol :P
As for the Mortal Kombat movie, well that's just not learning from your mistakes. The first MK has camp value, but the second one just...ugh...

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#505 Post by DrJones » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:24 pm

The producers acknowledge that the second mortal kombat movie was horrible, this one will be a remake of the first, or so I heard.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#506 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:28 am

I hope the Nostalgia Critic rips a hole in this one as well. He also needs to do that Chun Li movie (I didn't watch it but I heard it was bad).

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#507 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Bloody hell, its only the 19th July and already AGDI related downloads from my server have exceeded my 30GB monthly limit!!

I'll say it again, there's not enough GBs in the world! :p

Keep on truckin though AGDI fans! Plenty of other mirrors!

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#508 Post by Brainiac » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:02 am

Oh for goodness sake...people are such idiots. Behold news on "underage drinking" from Argentina.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#509 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:22 pm

Oh. Man.
Why would reporters not think that anyone who even smelled that would die?
I mean, I don't give today's (or yesterday's or tommorow's) youth much credit but really now.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#510 Post by DrJones » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:23 pm

In my country, journalists are among the dumbest people in the world. It's almost a sport to fool them on TV. I even remember a blind person that fooled the reporter into thinking that he could play the console with the echo of his voice. :lol

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#511 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:59 pm

I love that they brought a doctor on the show to talk about it. Red Dye #2 is deadly you know.

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#512 Post by goatmeal » Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:38 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:I love that they brought a doctor on the show to talk about it. Red Dye #2 is deadly you know.
Yes, to aged female lab rats fed large quantities of the stuff... :p

[It is a suspected carcinogen, based on the lab animal testing in the mid-1970s.]

goatmeal
Royal Servant Status

#513 Post by goatmeal » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:57 am

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:Well I just read on Yahoo that some good shows are being canceled including King Of The Hill.
Updating our KOTH random rant topic, circa May 22, 2009:

Just wanted to mention to those interested that FOX will be showing the final two King Of The Hill episodes at 8:00 PM and 8:30 PM on Sunday, September 13, 2009.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#514 Post by Brainiac » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Okay, this is just more proof of why the French are deserving of ridicule.

Observe what happens when you let a French prisoner play Metal Gear Solid.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#515 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:34 am

I'm still alive!

I don't know if anyone has heard and if this topic is not aloud I'm very sorry and please edit it out or let me know and I will.

My friend (of which I am not a smoker at least I'm not addicted) but at the beginning of 2010 flavored tobacco except menthol surprisingly will be banned in the U.S..
They are even banning clove cigarettes. Of which have a unique taste from when I've experimented but I'd more rather have menthol if I was a smoker being I like minty stuff.
So why ban all flavors but the more popular flavor. Because the U.S. government is full of idiots. Most kids who do smoke underage would probably like mint more than cloves. Which are an acquired taste and even if they ban tobacco all together it will be like most drugs. People will want them more because it makes them look bad @$$ or what ever.

And then I've heard rumors of banning candy in the U.S. or making it for adults only because of obesity. I say that America is starting to become more communist than most communist countries. That's all I have to say.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#516 Post by Erpy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:17 am

And then I've heard rumors of banning candy in the U.S. or making it for adults only because of obesity. I say that America is starting to become more communist than most communist countries. That's all I have to say.
I'm still alive!
I doubt that. I think obesity in the US is more a result of the fact some people devour high-calory food in LARGE quantities (coupled with a lack of excercise) than because they're eating candy all day long.

And I fail to see what a ban on candy has to do with communism. :rolleyes

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#517 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:35 pm

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:I'm still alive!

I don't know if anyone has heard and if this topic is not aloud I'm very sorry and please edit it out or let me know and I will.

My friend (of which I am not a smoker at least I'm not addicted) but at the beginning of 2010 flavored tobacco except menthol surprisingly will be banned in the U.S..
They are even banning clove cigarettes. Of which have a unique taste from when I've experimented but I'd more rather have menthol if I was a smoker being I like minty stuff.
So why ban all flavors but the more popular flavor. Because the U.S. government is full of idiots. Most kids who do smoke underage would probably like mint more than cloves. Which are an acquired taste and even if they ban tobacco all together it will be like most drugs. People will want them more because it makes them look bad @$$ or what ever.

Trust me, everyone says that.

I've recently given up and now I don't even see the point in why I started in the first place (well I was going through a bad time) but now looking back it was just a massive waste of money. So if you want to smoke your cash away then go for it!

I agree though, people should be able to do what they want to do, after all as long as its not affecting anyone else they are the ones that pay the consequences (whether that be eating, drinking, smoking or doing anything too much or too little.)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#518 Post by Brainiac » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:44 am

Has anyone yet noted that we now have 4000 members? Granted, they're not all active, but still, that's pretty cool.

Welcome, gale2384!

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#519 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 pm

Do you think they're just sitting there watching us like a bad TV show? That's kind of creepy. Of course I lurked here for years before I joined so I guess I'm not allowed to judge to badly.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#520 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:09 pm

Trust me, everyone says that.

I've recently given up and now I don't even see the point in why I started in the first place (well I was going through a bad time) but now looking back it was just a massive waste of money. So if you want to smoke your cash away then go for it!

I agree though, people should be able to do what they want to do, after all as long as its not affecting anyone else they are the ones that pay the consequences (whether that be eating, drinking, smoking or doing anything too much or too little.)
Well thing is if to say I am addicted or not I was too cheap to buy my own.
Meaning I'm too busy buying games and movies to buy cigarettes. That's probably why I'm a nervous wreck all the time because I'm so addicted to games and anime that I can't support a cigarette addiction.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#521 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:32 am

I lurked for about 2 days before I joined. didn't make an account til my first post though, I still read it sometimes to remember what it was like to be 13.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#522 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:30 pm

Yea Deb and I lurked for a few months before we joined. I had found the old Tierra site about a year beforehand then showed Deb after we had met.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#523 Post by DrJones » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:54 pm

I've noticed these weeks that I become very tired for shorts periods of time and no apparent reason (I really should exercise more :p), but this week it's becoming really stupid and sometimes I have to rest for hours in my couch. I can't even talk without effort at those times. I went to see the doctor and I'll have the results of a blood analysis next week, but everything points to Mononucleosis. What a bummer, I don't even got kissed! :lol Worst thing is, I've read that the illness can last up to eighteen months, and it has stronger effect on males. :eek

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#524 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:42 pm

My friend had that last year, lasted about 3-4 months for him so I guess he was lucky. He was sleeping all the time and had no appetite, he lost quite a bit of weight which was good but it can be pretty tough to get through so get well soon!

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#525 Post by Gronagor » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:09 pm

Hey! Maybe we really can convince AGDI to remake Jonny Castaway! I remember it gave me a full 5 minutes of entertainment 16 years ago!