Random rants go here.

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re:  Random rants go here.

#576 Post by DrJones » Tue May 25, 2010 9:23 am

I know attractive people can be a source of constant distraction. It's hard to maintain a contemplative lifestyle when they are around. :p

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#577 Post by crayauchtin » Thu May 27, 2010 7:43 pm

No, no, no, I was flirting with someone and it was going well and all, and then one of my friends who I'd gone to the party with came over to tell me they were heading to a club down the street, walked away and the person I was flirting with goes, "Who was that? He's beautiful!" I realize that this means he was probably not an ideal choice to begin with, but still!

I mean, my friends are great. They are not too whiny, not too dramatic (for the most part), very considerate, sweet, genuine people. But I'll admit that most of them are better looking than I am (that's not to say I'm bad looking, mind you, this is not a self-pity party! :P). It just hadn't occurred to me before this happened that that might be detrimental to me to have them near me in public places!

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

#578 Post by pbpb33 » Sun May 30, 2010 1:04 pm

crayauchtin wrote:No, no, no, I was flirting with someone and it was going well and all, and then one of my friends who I'd gone to the party with came over to tell me they were heading to a club down the street, walked away and the person I was flirting with goes, "Who was that? He's beautiful!" I realize that this means he was probably not an ideal choice to begin with, but still!

I mean, my friends are great. They are not too whiny, not too dramatic (for the most part), very considerate, sweet, genuine people. But I'll admit that most of them are better looking than I am (that's not to say I'm bad looking, mind you, this is not a self-pity party! :P). It just hadn't occurred to me before this happened that that might be detrimental to me to have them near me in public places!
You can look at it a couple different ways. The fact that you have physically attractive friends can be a positive because attractive people tend to attract other attractive people. Because of this, you might be more apt to become acquainted with good looking people. But is this really important to you? Perhaps it is for meeting potential dates. The negative is, as you said, going out to clubs and parties with your attractive friends means that, although your group may attract a lot of attention (because that's what a group of good looking people invariably does), you may be upstaged by your friends when you guys start meeting new people one-on-one.

Personally, I can't stand how people are treated differently based on how they look. This is one of my biggest pet peeves ever. I understand that looks are important when it comes to dating, etc., but it seems like a terrible thing to judge a potential friend's worth by their attractiveness or lack of attractiveness.

I think the truth for guys when it comes to dating is that being appropriately aggressive and confident will carry you a long way... often more than good looks will. Sadly, I don't think the same holds true for girls. For guys, I think as long as you work out and stay fit, take care of your appearance to the extent that you can (there is no excuse for being obese or for looking like a dirty slob, after all, unless you choose to be that way), don't be a wuss or shy when meeting new people... you will do just fine.

crayauchtin
Royal Servant Status

#579 Post by crayauchtin » Mon May 31, 2010 10:37 pm

pbpb33 wrote:You can look at it a couple different ways. The fact that you have physically attractive friends can be a positive because attractive people tend to attract other attractive people. Because of this, you might be more apt to become acquainted with good looking people. But is this really important to you? Perhaps it is for meeting potential dates. The negative is, as you said, going out to clubs and parties with your attractive friends means that, although your group may attract a lot of attention (because that's what a group of good looking people invariably does), you may be upstaged by your friends when you guys start meeting new people one-on-one.
That is generally how I look at it -- in high school (when I was considerably less attractive -- my head was disproportionately large til I was about 17... at which point I finally grew into it :P). None of this, in any way, was my way of thinking, "Oh, I'm sooo ugly and all of my friends are sooo pretty!" :P
Personally, I can't stand how people are treated differently based on how they look. This is one of my biggest pet peeves ever. I understand that looks are important when it comes to dating, etc., but it seems like a terrible thing to judge a potential friend's worth by their attractiveness or lack of attractiveness.
Really, appearances are just a first impression. Yes, it's terrible to judge anyone by looks alone, but I think even when it comes to friends when anyone first meets someone the appearance plays a part. It is not a huge part of a friendship, it plays a much bigger part in relationships.
I think the truth for guys when it comes to dating is that being appropriately aggressive and confident will carry you a long way... often more than good looks will. Sadly, I don't think the same holds true for girls. For guys, I think as long as you work out and stay fit, take care of your appearance to the extent that you can (there is no excuse for being obese or for looking like a dirty slob, after all, unless you choose to be that way), don't be a wuss or shy when meeting new people... you will do just fine.
I don't work out, but I do take good care of my appearance at all times. And, no, I'm definitely not shy. :P I don't have problems meeting people, I have problems not becoming just friends with people. :P

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#580 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 am

It's true, I can't imagine trying to make a relationship work if I wasn't physically attracted to that person (other things are important too, but I'm just saying, if I cringe every time we lock lips it's probably not meant to be). It's possible, I've heard, to get used to someone's looks and eventually find them attractive based solely on their personality changing you perspective, but it's never happened to me.

On another note, my schedule is insane and killing me. Bleeeeeeeehh.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#581 Post by Spikey » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:20 pm

Littlebit of interesting social psychology is going here.

Scientific research shows first impressions have a more lasting effect than people suspect.

On appearances two unexpected psychological effects are interesting here;

Mere exposure effect;
the more you're exposed to forms you don't like, the more you start to like them.
a ball, for example, is often thought a more pleasant form than something amorphous.
This also goes for faces; ever wondered why you don't like yourself in pictures as much as in the mirror? Probably because you're not used to the face in the picture (your real appearance), because you always see yourself mirrored / the other way around!
It's not a 100% effect of course, but the more you expose yourself to someone, the more likely they will be to like your physical appearance.

Contamination effect (actually not sure what it's called anymore, could be another one); this is what you refer to I think, Lady Pyro;
A heuristic the brain employs to solve a discrepancy that stems from various qualities that should irrationally be the same
The way it works;
Someone is not handsome (meeting someone)
Someone is nice (getting to know someone)
Both attributes of the same person; could result in a cognitive discrepancy
The judgment of one value could thus be contaminated by another;

Iow, if you're ugly, expose yourself and be nice, people will think you're handsome in no time :D

eriqchang
PR Director & Artist

#582 Post by eriqchang » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:37 pm

I love stuff like this. Really Fascinating. Thanks for posting this!

(going to expose myself to my friends now so they think I am more attractive!!)

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#583 Post by Spikey » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:57 am

Well, if you're interested, some most interesting literature I used ages ago, and still sometimes use for reference;

The Winner's Curse - Richard H. Thaler (1994)
Social Cognition - Bless, Fiedler & Strack (2003)
Emotions in Social Psychology - W. Gerrod Parrott (2000)
Psychology of Attitudes - Eagly & Chaiken (1993)

Most of it is dated, but it can't be too hard to find new literature along these lines. While the first two books are very accessible readings for non scientists, the latter two are not so easy. The Parrott one is really just a short collection of important scientific articles, and the Eagly & Chaiken one is a massive and complex complete overview of attitude research, so a BSc or MSc degree in a social science is recommended.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#584 Post by Spikey » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:53 pm

The bias you were talking about Lady Pyro, is actually the "Halo effect"

Oh but there's also wikipedia of course....the list of social and decision bias is HUGE. :p

Eriq...enjoy

SOCIAL BIAS

Actor–observer bias & Fundamental attribution error
Your tendency to overattribute someone else's negative behaviour to their personality, and underattribute it to their situation (and opposite for positive behaviour). The opposite goes when explaining your own behaviour; here's the tendency to overattribute negative behaviour / events to the situation, and positive to your person.
So if you see someone yelling on the phone, don't immediately think it's a horrible person: take into account their personal situation; maybe their mother just died.

Dunning–Kruger effects
Complex effect which causes unskilled people to be unable to recognise their unskilledness, and skilled people to underestimate their skill because they think others have similar understanding. So unskilled people have a sense of illusory superiority, while skilled people have a sense of illusory being subpar.

Egocentric bias
Most likely a combination of a few heuristics; it results in thinking that you're more responsible for a group effort outcome than others would think you are, both positive (Self-serving bias) and negative outcomes (due to the availability heuristic).

Forer / Barnum effect
Interpreting general descriptions as being specific for you; as in fortune telling, horoscopes and the like. These descriptions apply to a wide range of people though.

False consensus effect
People usually overestimate the degree to which others agree with them. So if you're confidently throwing something highly subjective into a group, don't be surprised if everybody is gazing at you like “no...”

Halo effect
Tendency for a person's positive or negative traits to contaminate other area's of the perception. See example Lady Pyro and I named above.

Herd instinct effect
People are likely to adopt the opinions and follow the behaviors of the majority to feel safer and to avoid conflict. In some people there's a devil's advocacy effect.

Illusion of asymmetric insight
People think they know more about their peers, than their peers know about them.

Illusion of transparency
People overestimate other's ability of knowing them, and also overestimate their ability to know others.

Superiority bias
Overestimating one's desirable qualities, and underestimating undesirable qualities, relative to other people.

Ingroup bias
The tendency for people to give preferential treatment to others they perceive to be members of their own groups.

Just-world phenomenon
The tendency for people to believe that the world is just and therefore people "get what they deserve."

Outgroup homogeneity bias
Individuals see members of their own group as being relatively more varied than members of other groups.

Projection bias
The tendency to unconsciously assume that others (or one's future selves) share one's current emotional states, thoughts and values.

Self-serving bias
The tendency to claim more responsibility for successes than failures. It may also manifest itself as a tendency for people to evaluate ambiguous information in a way beneficial to their interests (see also group-serving bias).

Self-fulfilling prophecy (also called "behavioral confirmation effect")
The tendency to engage in behaviors that elicit results which will (consciously or not) confirm existing attitudes.

System justification
The tendency to defend and bolster the status quo. Existing social, economic, and political arrangements tend to be preferred, and alternatives disparaged sometimes even at the expense of individual and collective self-interest. (Related to the status quo bias.)

Trait ascription bias
the tendency for people to view themselves as relatively variable in terms of personality, behavior and mood while viewing others as much more predictable.

Ultimate attribution error
similar to the fundamental attribution error, in this error a person is likely to make an internal attribution to an entire group instead of the individuals within the group.

DEICISON & BEHAVIOURAL BIAS

Bandwagon effect
the tendency to do (or believe) things because many other people do (or believe) the same. Related to groupthink and herd behavior.

Base rate fallacy
the tendency to ignore available statistical data in favor of particulars.

Bias blind spot
the tendency not to compensate for one's own cognitive biases.

Choice-supportive bias
the tendency to remember one's choices as better than they actually were.

Confirmation bias
the tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions.

Congruence bias
the tendency to test hypotheses exclusively through direct testing, in contrast to tests of possible alternative hypotheses.

Contrast effect
the enhancement or diminishing of a weight or other measurement when compared with a recently observed contrasting object.

Denomination effect
the tendency to spend more money when it is denominated in small amounts (e.g. coins) rather than large amounts (e.g. bills).[2]

Distinction bias
the tendency to view two options as more dissimilar when evaluating them simultaneously than when evaluating them separately.[3]

Endowment effect
"the fact that people often demand much more to give up an object than they would be willing to pay to acquire it".[4]

Experimenter's or Expectation bias
the tendency for experimenters to believe, certify, and publish data that agree with their expectations for the outcome of an experiment, and to disbelieve, discard, or downgrade the corresponding weightings for data that appear to conflict with those expectations.

Extraordinarity bias
the tendency to value an object more than others in the same category as a result of an extraordinarity of that object that does not, in itself, change the value.

Focusing effect
the tendency to place too much importance on one aspect of an event; causes error in accurately predicting the utility of a future outcome.

Framing
using an approach or description of the situation or issue that is too narrow. Also framing effectdrawing different conclusions based on how data is presented.

Hyperbolic discounting
the tendency for people to have a stronger preference for more immediate payoffs relative to later payoffs, where the tendency increases the closer to the present both payoffs are.

Illusion of control
the tendency to believe that outcomes can be controlled, or at least influenced, when they clearly cannot.

Impact bias
the tendency to overestimate the length or the intensity of the impact of future feeling states.

Information bias
the tendency to seek information even when it cannot affect action.

Interloper effect
the tendency to value third party consultation as objective, confirming, and without motive. Also consultation paradox, the conclusion that solutions proposed by existing personnel within an organization are less likely to receive support than from those recruited for that purpose.

Irrational escalation
the phenomenon where people justify increased investment in a decision, based on the cumulative prior investment, despite new evidence suggesting that the decision was probably wrong.

Just-world phenomenon
the tendency to rationalize an inexplicable injustice by searching for things that the victim might have done to deserve it.

Loss aversion
"the disutility of giving up an object is greater than the utility associated with acquiring it".(see also sunk cost effects and Endowment effect).

Mere exposure effect
the tendency to express undue liking for things merely because of familiarity with them.

Money illusion
the tendency to concentrate on the nominal (face value) of money rather than its value in terms of purchasing power.

Moral credential effect
the tendency of a track record of non-prejudice to increase subsequent prejudice.

Need for Closure
the need to reach a verdict in important matters; to have an answer and to escape the feeling of doubt and uncertainty. The personal context (time or social pressure) might increase this bias.

Negativity bias
the tendency to pay more attention and give more weight to negative than positive experiences or other kinds of information.

Neglect of probability
the tendency to completely disregard probability when making a decision under uncertainty.

Normalcy bias
the refusal to plan for, or react to, a disaster which has never happened before.

Omission bias
the tendency to judge harmful actions as worse, or less moral, than equally harmful omissions (inactions).

Outcome bias
the tendency to judge a decision by its eventual outcome instead of based on the quality of the decision at the time it was made.

Planning fallacy
the tendency to underestimate task-completion times.

Post-purchase rationalization
the tendency to persuade oneself through rational argument that a purchase was a good value.

Pseudocertainty effect
the tendency to make risk-averse choices if the expected outcome is positive, but make risk-seeking choices to avoid negative outcomes.

Reactance
the urge to do the opposite of what someone wants you to do out of a need to resist a perceived attempt to constrain your freedom of choice.

Restraint bias
the tendency to overestimate one's ability to show restraint in the face of temptation.

Selective perception
the tendency for expectations to affect perception.

Semmelweis reflex
the tendency to reject new evidence that contradicts an established paradigm.

Status quo bias
the tendency to like things to stay relatively the same (see also loss aversion, endowment effect, and system justification).

Von Restorff effect
the tendency for an item that "stands out like a sore thumb" to be more likely to be remembered than other items.

Wishful thinking
the formation of beliefs and the making of decisions according to what is pleasing to imagine instead of by appeal to evidence or rationality.

Zero-risk bias
preference for reducing a small risk to zero over a greater reduction in a larger risk.

PROBABILITY & BELIEF BIAS

Many of these biases are often studied for how they affect business and economic decisions and how they affect experimental research.

Ambiguity effect
the tendency to avoid options for which missing information makes the probability seem "unknown."

Anchoring effect
the tendency to rely too heavily, or "anchor," on a past reference or on one trait or piece of information when making decisions (also called "insufficient adjustment").

Attentional bias
the tendency to neglect relevant data when making judgments of a correlation or association.

Authority bias
the tendency to value an ambiguous stimulus (e.g., an art performance) according to the opinion of someone who is seen as an authority on the topic.

Availability heuristic
estimating what is more likely by what is more available in memory, which is biased toward vivid, unusual, or emotionally charged examples.

Availability cascade
a self-reinforcing process in which a collective belief gains more and more plausibility through its increasing repetition in public discourse (or "repeat something long enough and it will become true").

Belief bias
an effect where someone's evaluation of the logical strength of an argument is biased by the believability of the conclusion.

Clustering illusion
the tendency to see patterns where actually none exist.

Capability bias
the tendency to believe that the closer average performance is to a target, the tighter the distribution of the data set.

Conjunction fallacy
the tendency to assume that specific conditions are more probable than general ones.

Disposition effect
the tendency to sell assets that have increased in value but hold assets that have decreased in value.

Gambler's fallacy
the tendency to think that future probabilities are altered by past events, when in reality they are unchanged. Results from an erroneous conceptualization of the Law of large numbers. For example, "I've flipped heads with this coin five times consecutively, so the chance of tails coming out on the sixth flip is much greater than heads."

Hawthorne effect
the tendency to perform or perceive differently when one knows they are being observed.

Hindsight bias
sometimes called the "I-knew-it-all-along" effect, the tendency to see past events as being predictable.

Illusory correlation
beliefs that inaccurately suppose a relationship between a certain type of action and an effect.

Neglect of prior base rates effect
the tendency to neglect known odds when reevaluating odds in light of weak evidence.

Observer-expectancy effect
when a researcher expects a given result and therefore unconsciously manipulates an experiment or misinterprets data in order to find it (see also subject-expectancy effect).

Optimism bias
the tendency to be over-optimistic about the outcome of planned actions.

Ostrich effect
ignoring an obvious (negative) situation.

Overconfidence effect
excessive confidence in one's own answers to questions. For example, for certain types of questions, answers that people rate as "99% certain" turn out to be wrong 40% of the time.

Positive outcome bias
the tendency to overestimate the probability of good things happening to them (see also wishful thinking, optimism bias, and valence effect).

Pareidolia
a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) is perceived as significant, e.g., seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

Pessimism bias
the tendency to be over-pessimistic about the outcome of planned actions.

Primacy effect
the tendency to weigh initial events more than subsequent events.

Recency effect
the tendency to weigh recent events more than earlier events (see also peak-end rule).

Disregard of regression toward the mean
the tendency to expect extreme performance to continue.

Stereotyping
expecting a member of a group to have certain characteristics without having actual information about that individual.

Subadditivity effect
the tendency to judge probability of the whole to be less than the probabilities of the parts.

Subjective validation
perception that something is true if a subject's belief demands it to be true. Also assigns perceived connections between coincidences.

Survivorship bias
the tendency to concentrate on the people or things that "survived" some process and ignoring those that didn't, or arguing that a strategy is effective given the winners, while ignoring the large number of losers.

Well travelled road effect
underestimation of the duration taken to traverse oft-traveled routes and over-estimate the duration taken to traverse less familiar routes.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#585 Post by Lady Pyro » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:13 pm

That's actually really interesting Spikey. I know nothing of how the mind works, and I plan to read through the list you posted (I glanced at it but that's about it so far). I was wondering, do they have a name for when people look in the mirror and see themselves fatter or uglier then they are or is that just a distorted body image brought on by a high pressure society? Just curious, it's not something I have a big problem with but I do have a friend who seems to suffer this, or she's hooked on pity, hard to tell :p

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#586 Post by Erpy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:19 pm

There's a condition named BDD which causes this, but in a very extreme way. (way beyond mere selfconciousness) It's a psychological condition that has nothing to do with media pressure, but simply a part of their reality being distorted.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#587 Post by Spikey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:53 am

There are some general rules for perceiving and making estimations about your own body. For example, the thinner you are, the more likely you are to overestimate your own body masses; this isn't necessary clinical, thin people are just generally overestimating their body. The thinner you are, the more likely you are to overestimate when looking in the mirror, and this can be frustrating when losing weight for example. But it's quite normal.

It usually becomes a problem only when linked to low self-esteem or eating disorders. BDD can be related as well, but usually, people with BDD often think the problem is mainly medical; it is persistent in that they often think medication or an operation is required to fix their nose, their tummy or their body odor for example.

But again, overestimation of the body is usually quite normal and not a clinical condition.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#588 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:21 pm

That's kind of scary (the BDD problems), but what Spikey said makes sense about overestimating being normal. I don't know anyone who hasn't suffered from a 'fat' day.

Do you guys mind if I throw a scenario at you for opinions? Obviously, no stress, I'm not going to write a thesis or change my opinion of this person no matter what. Just simple curiosity because I've never heard of anything like this before:
I go to school with a girl (we will call her Juliet) who really enjoys putting her all into her work (so she says at least) and always makes deadlines, always does a good job on projects and has never missed a class. I found out from her room mate that she spends just about every free minute working on something for school and only takes time off for special occasions, such as the party we had this weekend. At this party, Juliet drank a lot, but none of us stopped her cuz she was having fun and said she wouldn't mind being sick the next day, which she was. Now here's the kicker: Her room mate tells me Monday that Juliet purposely drank enough to be sick to give herself an excuse not to do any work that day.

Now, I admit, some of this is second hand information but let's pretend it's all 100% fact. I've never heard of anyone sabotaging themselves so that they could relax, Is there a name for that?

Again, just curiosity, I'm not expecting a full mental evaluation for my friend.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#589 Post by Spikey » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:16 pm

That is a very effective attribution; this way Juliet won't have to think "I'm lazy", instead, she can think "it was the drinks", or in any case, it was the circumstances, not her person responsible for doing nothing.

The question starts with 'Why the hell would she feel guilty about doing nothing that day?' The need to avoid selfguilt probably arises from a set of personality traits.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#590 Post by DrJones » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Over fourty adolescents have been trampled by a train yesterday because they tried to take a shortcut to the beach by walking around the rails instead of using the passage that is arranged for pedestrians. I just cannot understand how can so many people act so irresponsibly. :eek
Last edited by DrJones on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#591 Post by Spikey » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 pm

DrJones wrote:Over fourty youngsters have been trampled by a train yesterday because they tried to take a shortcut to the beach by walking around the rails instead of using the passage that is arranged for pedestrians. I just cannot understand how can so many people act so irresponsibly. :eek
You most likely mean fourteen, not forty.

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#592 Post by DrJones » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Spikey wrote:
DrJones wrote:Over fourty youngsters have been trampled by a train yesterday because they tried to take a shortcut to the beach by walking around the rails instead of using the passage that is arranged for pedestrians. I just cannot understand how can so many people act so irresponsibly. :eek
You most likely mean fourteen, not forty.
As far as I know, there were 13-16 that immediately died on the accident, but the total number of people affected is around 33-45.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#593 Post by Spikey » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:05 pm

Really, I had not seen those numbers yet. Shocking.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#594 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:09 am

Well I know when I was little I stood in front of a car trying to recreate the scene from Home Alone. Were Kevin walks in front of the bad guys van accidentally and screams at the top of his lungs. Luckily I wasn't hurt the car stopped in time. The driver a friend of mines mother wouldn't let me play with my friend no more. My point kids act irresponsibly. Me I was stupid and reckless 100%.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#595 Post by Lady Pyro » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Re: Spiky
I would assume the guilt just comes from having an unproductive day. I know I personally regret a day when nothing gets done, but for me it doesn't have to be a whole project or anything, for me 'getting something done' can mean I just put all my dishes in the sink out of sight or draw a single picture :P She's quite hard on herself for wasting any time, which is a shame since she's a very fun person when she can spare a minute.

Re Train Accident
They were celebrating at a festival weren't they? So they were probably drunk. When you're with a large group and drunk you tend to just trust that the leader is sober enough to get you where you need to be. I know in a group of ten one night we found ourselves drunkenly traipsing through an area known for swarmings and beatings. Nothing happened to us that night, but we knew the area and it's reputation, but went through anyway. Drunk and alone, I'm sure I would have avoided it but you feel so safe with a group, well, you lose that common sense.

My heart goes out to those that survived, it's been a month since my 'accident' and I'm still recovering. I can't imagine the rehabilitation they'll need, especially since trains take off limbs.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#596 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:26 am

Well interesting story. Someone had been calling me repeatedly. Whoever it was quit a couple days ago. Strange thing is he,she or it because it sounded like a computerized voice like a text reader or maybe a voice changing device. But anyways the voice said something about it had my kitty of which I do have a cat but he was where I could see him. When I kept insisting my cat was home with me the voice asked if I did anything to make it mad.

Long story short my mom called the number back and according to her it asked for a Ipad or Ipod key or somthing like that. Not Iphone she said she was sure. But dang technology is getting annoying when people can have crap like that call you and bug the crap out of you.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#597 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:04 am

It was probably just a crossed line.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#598 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:57 am

Well first I'm getting weird phone calls now my computer mainly the Internet has been acting buggy could it be a coincidence and I've just got a bad virus or am I dealing with hackers?

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

#599 Post by DrJones » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:08 pm

Finally I feel better. I've been totally tired and unable to work hard in mental tasks for months. I didn't know what was happening and the "good doctors" of my country's free healthcare system told me I had narcolepsia. Fortunately, I looked for other options and 200 euros later I was diagnosed "hypothyroidism" and was prescribed iodine. Now I can work and concentrate again without feeling tired nor having to take a nap every four hours. HOORAY! :D

PS: Next week I get summer break.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#600 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 am

Sorry, just need to randomly rant:

I hate that the guy that threatened and harassed me for months is not being punished. I hate that he touches himself when he sits beside me, I hate that he doesn't wash and it gives me headaches to be within 7 feet of him. I hate that there were only two consequences to the complaint I put in against him, One was optional counseling, and the other is that teachers now treat him as Gold because he's 'special'. I hate that when I ask to not be in his class next year I'm treated like a bad guy. I hate that I hate him, and I hate that I hate him so much that I think about these things on my days off.
Gaaaaaawd.