The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

Re: The Gamers Thread: PS3, PC, Wii, 360... pick your poison!!

#2076 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri May 14, 2010 7:36 pm

I also got Heavy Rain while I wait the 5 days for Alan Wake. Also been playing steam games now that it's ported. I don't use PSN or XBLA but my steam is RDiRocco if you want to play some TF2 or L4D

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2077 Post by Lady Pyro » Fri May 14, 2010 8:30 pm

I want to play TF2 so bad, but I do not have X-Box Live or the Orange Box.
:cry

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2078 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri May 14, 2010 9:19 pm

if your computer can handle it (most do) it'll most likely be on sale next wednesday

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2079 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:28 am

Has anyone been keeping up with E3 in this past week. Any comments on the 3DS. So far it looks awesome. And plus the new Kid Icarus game looks very promising.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#2080 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:24 am

I saw screenshots of the 3DS but you really can't judge one until you see one I suppose. seems like it would be really hard to market one.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2081 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:40 pm

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:Has anyone been keeping up with E3 in this past week. Any comments on the 3DS. So far it looks awesome. And plus the new Kid Icarus game looks very promising.
The Game Guru has arrived. What from E3 do you want to know about?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2082 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Some things I'm looking forward to:

Portal 2
GoldenEye 007 (Wii) - Feat. Daniel Craig
Nintendo 3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time & StarFox 64 for 3DS
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge Special Edition
Twisted Metal
Donkey Kong Country Returns (by Retro Studios)
Metroid: Other M
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode One
Epic Mickey
Wii Party
The Force Unleashed II
Mortal Kombat
Kid Icarus

Also, it wasn't featured at E3 (not that I know of), but I'm also looking forward to free-to-play Lord of the Rings Online in the Fall.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2083 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:09 pm

Game Guru, I've got a few E3 questions :p
Any word on the story for Skyward Sword?
Is epic Mickey still about Oswald the Rabbit getting revenge and is it still creepy and adult oriented?
How did Playstation justify ripping off the Wii motes?
What else has retro studios done that they lucked into doing Donkey Kong (which looks great BTW)?
Which system(s) will get the Scott Pilgrim game?

That is all for now. :D

MusicallyInspired

#2084 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:19 pm

I can somewhat answer two of those. Epic Mickey is still rather dark, it looks like, and Retro Studios did almost everything related to the Metroid Prime series.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2085 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:19 am

Lady Pyro wrote:Any word on the story for Skyward Sword?
Link finds sword. Link jumps from the sky. Link kills bad guy. What, you wanted Shakespeare?
Lady Pyro wrote:Is epic Mickey still about Oswald the Rabbit getting revenge and is it still creepy and adult oriented?
Epic Mickey is still somewhat dark, though no where near as much as the early concept art (which is to be expected - Spector deliberately had his team go all-out to see exactly where Disney would place the line). Oswald is not the antagonist; that position will be filled by the Phantom Blot. Oswald will still serve as basically the jealous and forgotten elder half-brother of Mickey and the former leader of the Wasteland (prior to the Blot) but it looks like much of the point of the game will be for Mickey to regain Oswald's trust so that they can save the realm.
Lady Pyro wrote:How did Playstation justify ripping off the Wii motes?
Please. Move has more buttons; that makes it hardcore and totally not a rip-off! :p For further information, please speak with Gabe and Tycho.
Lady Pyro wrote:What else has retro studios done that they lucked into doing Donkey Kong (which looks great BTW)?
As MI said, Retro Studios was the developer on the Metroid Prime series. Considering almost everyone said trying to make Metroid a first-person perspective game was doomed to failure and Retro proved them all wrong, it's understandable that Nintendo would hand over another franchise rebirth to them. It's interesting that the shift between Retro's DKC and classic games in that series is minimal, especially compared to Metroid classic vs. Metroid Prime.
Lady Pyro wrote:Which system(s) will get the Scott Pilgrim game?
The game is a timed exclusive for the PlayStation Network. PSN gets it on August 10th while XBLA will get it at an unannounced later date. While that may annoy you, I say KITT-limo is worth the wait.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2086 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:13 am

Well game guru how about any in depth news on Chocobo Racing for 3DS? I played the first on PS One and loved it. I know it was the first attempt and was buggy at times so any news on how they may have changed this so it could stack up against Mario Kart. I had a few ideas I wanted to send Square-Enix not that they would have implemented them. But hey like I've said before game companies nowadays don't give a {BLEEPED OUT NEXT 50 WORDS} about the gamer just the almighty dollar.

Fils Aime can go to {BLEEPED OUT NEXT 100 WORDS} for all I care.

MusicallyInspired

#2087 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:17 am

Sure they do. Telltale Games and Valve Software are a couple.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2088 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 pm

seraphimdreamer777 wrote:Well game guru how about any in depth news on Chocobo Racing for 3DS?
I'm afraid there wasn't much in-depth information published about the game. Some people who actually got to play the thing thought that it might actually be a straight-up remake/port of the PlayStation original, which would likely be annoying to those who've played it before. Indeed, that's the primary argument against the 3DS at this point - almost every title revealed so far is a port or remake.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2089 Post by Brainiac » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:49 pm

Apologies for the double post but there has been an update on Epic Mickey concerning the questions Lady Pyro posed. It appears that a bit more of the darkness (specifically surrounding Mickey himself) has been stripped due to focus testing.

MusicallyInspired

#2090 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Well that sucks.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2091 Post by Lady Pyro » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 pm

What the hell is THAT? None of that is the game I saw before! None of that is Epic or Dark or Cool or any word that gets emphasis through capatalization! Kingdom Hearts Mickey was darker then this shi-
>:

I'm sorry, I have to go twitch violently for a while. It has been along time since I've been this disappointed in a game.

MusicallyInspired

#2092 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:11 pm

Honestly, though, can you honestly say you expected otherwise from Disney? Or Nintendo for that matter?

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2093 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:37 am

Lady Pyro wrote:....

What the hell is THAT? None of that is the game I saw before! None of that is Epic or Dark or Cool or any word that gets emphasis through capatalization! Kingdom Hearts Mickey was darker then this shi-
>:

I'm sorry, I have to go twitch violently for a while. It has been along time since I've been this disappointed in a game.
I was hoping for this game too. But it's like this if you want an evil Micky Mouse draw it or Google a picture of it. But if you want it in a game forget it.

BTW my best friend found something a long time ago and sent it to me a picture of pikachu as Adolf Hitler now that is wrong. Maybe this message belongs in the politically incorrect thread Oh well. We were talking about evil mice and who's more evil than Hitler?

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2094 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 am

MI: I admit it was a bit much to expect from Disney but I just wanted it so bad I was willing to ignore those nagging doubts. The concept and it's art were just sooo cool.

Seph: It was less about Evil Mickey and more about Oswald the Rabbit when it was first announced, but even that aside, it could have been any character and I would have been excited, that wasn't really the point for me. To me, the old school characters, the promise for rubber hose animation in a game and the over all dark atmosphere. It sounded fun, dark and even a bit frightening (as many of the older cartoons were). It looked intense and, while I have nothing against Disney (the man or the company), I think more than a few of us in animation were kind of hoping this would subtly avenge Mr. Iwerks.
Now it looks like a childish romp through a dim forest coated in florescent christmas lights with a smiley face for a protagonist.
sigh

:(

MusicallyInspired

#2095 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:12 am

Second'd.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2096 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:34 am

Lady Pyro wrote:MI: I admit it was a bit much to expect from Disney but I just wanted it so bad I was willing to ignore those nagging doubts. The concept and it's art were just sooo cool.

Seph: It was less about Evil Mickey and more about Oswald the Rabbit when it was first announced, but even that aside, it could have been any character and I would have been excited, that wasn't really the point for me. To me, the old school characters, the promise for rubber hose animation in a game and the over all dark atmosphere. It sounded fun, dark and even a bit frightening (as many of the older cartoons were). It looked intense and, while I have nothing against Disney (the man or the company), I think more than a few of us in animation were kind of hoping this would subtly avenge Mr. Iwerks.
Now it looks like a childish romp through a dim forest coated in florescent christmas lights with a smiley face for a protagonist.
sigh

:(
MusicallyInspired wrote:Second'd.

I hope my last post wasn't taken out of context. I didn't mean anything bad other than the fact that I think they should have kept the game as promised. I love classic Disney as much as the next. It's just to see Mickey in a darker tone other than the Final Fantasy cross over in Kingdom hearts that of course was dark. Not as much because it's Disney but because it was a crossover into the Final Fantasy world.

I myself am mad at the fact that stuff that comes from Japan is often toned down from what it is. Examples: Sailor Moon which I loved but it was never released in English as a more mature cartoon. Another Bare Knuckle 3 AKA Streets of Rage 3. Even the SNES Final Fight Poison was taken out. I'm surprised though that Chrono Trigger was unchanged at the point of Flea's introduction.

It's even worse with Epic Mickey that as far as it sounds the game will be censored before it even got released period or was it released as promised in Japan?

I might still buy and play the game if I ever get caught up on some other games I want to buy. But I'm just disappointed that they are editing it into a more cutesy version of itself.

Lady Pyro
Defense Minister Status

#2097 Post by Lady Pyro » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 am

seraphimdreamer777 wrote: I hope my last post wasn't taken out of context. I didn't mean anything bad other than the fact that I think they should have kept the game as promised.
Ahhmm...sorry, what? I'm not entirely sure what you're referring too. I don't think anyone was accusing you of anything or getting offended. I'm not really sure what made you think that but I guess I'm sorry if I came off that way?

As for the game, it has been changed entirely from it's original concept and sketches from what I can tell. No one will be getting a censored version, it will just all be shiny and kid friendly world wide.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2098 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:16 am

It's OK LP I guess I just got on the offensive for no reason. Sorry! ;)

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

#2099 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:09 pm

LP, I have an official release date for you. Scott Pilgrim will be on XBLA as of August 25th.

seraphimdreamer777
Knight Status

#2100 Post by seraphimdreamer777 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:10 pm

Hey brain have you heard anything about Reggie getting in trouble with Nintendo about saying an early release date of 3DS. Cause I heard on another forum he got in trouble for saying March of next year when it's not gonna be released for another 2 years.