Runaway

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Runaway

#1 Post by Klytos » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:02 am

There's a new (don't know how new) adventure game called "Runaway - A Road Adventure" has anyone played it or heard about it?

I was looking at it in the gameshop yesterday but I'm always sceptical of new "adventure" games.

rugged
Defense Minister Status

runawy

#2 Post by rugged » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:56 am

The game has been out for quite a while. It is a genuine point and click which is good. I have only played a small part of it as a friend owns it, but it appeared to be a good game.
I have seen second hand copies going for around about $30 so I wouldn't pay too much for a new one.

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Runaway

#3 Post by Brainiac » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:13 am

Yes, indeed; Runaway, Pendulo Studios' first game released in North America, has been out for a while. It was not a huge hit in the US, but the game gained enough of a following worldwide to validate a sequel, due out sometime in the fourth quarter of 2004.
Last edited by Brainiac on Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:48 am

Yup Runaway is a good adventure game! Its probably the second best new adventure game thats come out, Broken Sword 3 being the best.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#5 Post by Klytos » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:27 am

Cool. Thanks. I shall then make an effort to purchase it.

Manny
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Manny » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:50 pm

honest it is a game from 2001, but they don't make this game not done in 2001, it was finished in early 2003, i only play a demo from the and what do you know i have this demo done in 10min i was suprise then i'm not very good in adventueres.

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

#7 Post by Amayirot Akago » Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:08 pm

I obtained it a while back. It's pretty good, tho extremely linear.

Snarky
Royal Servant Status

#8 Post by Snarky » Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:47 pm

I didn't like it. The art style was trying to be Broken Sword but with less talented artists, and the puzzles were contrived. And although it is set in the US, it was painfully obvious that it was made by someone who has never been to America.

Meerbat
The Winged Suricate

#9 Post by Meerbat » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:44 pm

I think they put too much effort in the wrong departments, so to speak.
The graphics and the music, and also the voice acting in the German version (from what I hear, the English one was horrendous), were all good.
The puzzle design was smart at the beginning, moving away to annoying towards the end. I read a review about the game, worning that there is a lot of pixel hunt in it, and still I thought that it would be not that such a problem. I was wrong... :| The hidden items are incredibly annoying, almost as if the game-makers WANT you to use a walkthrough.
The last few chapters could be better, but overall, I enjoyed the game.
As far as I know, the game was published in the US with such a delay, due to what was considered to be "mature topics".
Least favorite moment (Don't worry, it's not a spoiler):
The main character running away from bats and screaming like Neve Campbell :x
I would mention my favorite moment too, but that one would be a spoiler.