This actually seems like a good deal to me...

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

MuzlakOofmay
Lumberjack

This actually seems like a good deal to me...

#1 Post by MuzlakOofmay » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:58 pm

Hello everyone,

Let me first state that I'm posting this as an informative message and not for any personal benefit.

Has anybody heard of the website freeiPods.com? Normally, I don't fall for internet deals like these, but from what I've read, this actually works.

Basically, this is how it works. You have to sign up for something that costs money, like AOL, Rhapsoday, or Video Professor. A couple days later, you'll get notification that your deal went through, and then you can cancel, and get your money back. Then, you have to get 5 people to do the same thing.

Anyways, I've read a lot of success stories on line with this, and if you think about it in your head, you can quickly see that it's a pyramid kind of effect, and eventually, you'll run out of people to tell about it. So the earlier you get in on this deal the better, I'd imagine.

Me personally, I picked the pink 4gig mini. Mostly because, those who know me know I wear tight tight tight jeans, and fitting a full size might not work so well. I chose pink because if someone asks me why I got pink, i'll say, "Oh I got this Ipod for free, the only catch was I HAD to choose pink." Even though that's not the case, it'll be funny.

So yeah, the link is http://www.freeipods.com (that is NOT my personal link). Anyways, I normally am not a sucker for these kinds of things, but from what I understand, the company does other things, and is a legit company, and this works.

They also have another deal called freeflatscreens.com that I might participate in later if the ipod deal works.

May the force be with you,
Bryce

Relight
Archival Expert

#2 Post by Relight » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:08 pm

iPods suck!

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#3 Post by 1eyedParrot » Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:56 pm

Looks like you're screwed if you want to do the flatscreen deal, Muzlak. Look under terms and conditions-
II. OFFERS
1. Completion of Offers

(a) The user may only receive credit for completing an offer for the first time through one of the Gratis Internet sites. If the user has previously signed up for one of the offers on our website, or on their own, then he or she cannot receive points for that offer. A user may not complete an offer on another point incentive website and FreeiPods.com.

(b) The user must complete the offer by clicking on the offer from the FreeiPods.com website and nowhere else (including any of our affiliates, competitors, or the offers home page). We must have users click from our page to track and credit for offers appropriately.

(c) A user may only receive credit for an offer once per person. For example, a user cannot complete an offer previously and then again at FreeiPods.com.

(d) In order to get properly credited for completing an offer, a user must make sure that his or her browser settings are set to accept all cookies.

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#4 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Mon Aug 16, 2004 5:21 am

Relight wrote:iPods suck!
Them's fightin' words Brown Coat! ;)

Jafar
Super Star

#5 Post by Jafar » Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:28 pm

Whats a Ipod? :|

Skyshark
Knight Status

#6 Post by Skyshark » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:00 am

Portable MP3 player made by Apple.

I'm not too sure if I ever plan on getting one, mainly because of issues with the battery in them (which I've heard are not replaceable).

Jafar
Super Star

#7 Post by Jafar » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:02 am

Oh. Doesn't sound very interesting...

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#8 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:45 pm

Well then, get a MuVo. The small ones have up to 256MB, and can last up to 12 hours with just one AAA battery. Not to mention that you can plug it into any Windows 2K/XP computer and use it as a removable drive without needing the driver CD.

Then there are also the larger models, which go up to 30GB. Can't remember battery life for those, but I believe it's quite high.