About monsters of QFG1

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

JLM5
Royal Servant Status

About monsters of QFG1

#1 Post by JLM5 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:09 pm

Has anyone who has played Quest for Glory 1 (VGA) found Griffin-monsters in the game's world? I know Griffins belong to QFG2, but there was this kind of mention in the list of the monsters on one Quest for Glory page:

"On occassion, a griffin or two may be spotted as far north as Spielburg."

The page's URL is:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/7435/

Secondly, has anyone found Saurus Rex -monsters in the forests of Spielburg? I haven't ever found them even though I have played QFG1VGA for many years.

Thirdly, is it possible to encounter trolls (in the night) in any other areas than 1 or 2 screens east from Antwerp's cave?

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by Crowley9 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:15 pm

Never found griffins in Spielburg. You're supposed to encounter trolls and Saurus Rexes anywhere once you've gained enough experience.

This thread reminds me, I used to spend some time trying to find the dragon in Spielburg. Wolfgang said the baron slew it's mate and the other one can still be seen sometimes flying over the valley. Never managed to find anything about the dragon.

Fribbi
The Icelandic Guest

#3 Post by Fribbi » Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:41 pm

Threre is a thropy head of Griffin on the wall in the Guild if I remember it right. :)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#4 Post by Erpy » Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:13 pm

No, there is no griffin to fight in QFG1. (go ahead and try to find views of it with SCI-studio, you won't find it) The moose, dragon and griffin are just there as red herrings and to have Wolfgang say things about them.

Regarding Saurii Rex, they'll start appearing once your experience goes over 1000. At that point, cheetaurs will start appearing at day, trolls will start appearing at night and saurii rex will start popping up as well. In QFG1EGA, it's nearly impossible to outrun a saurus rex as they move faster than you.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#5 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:18 pm

Erpy wrote:...and to have Wolfgang say things about them.
Wolfgang likes to talk a lot, doesn't he? ;) :lol