I think I may be the luckiest man on Earth

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Thepal
Knight Status

#51 Post by Thepal » Mon Aug 30, 2004 6:02 am

Or just put a Windows install disk in when you boot and format the hard drive and reinstall windows. DOS and Windows install disks both work as boot disks (at least all the ones I've used do)

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#52 Post by Kurdt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:54 am

Yeah, I think I just might need to re-install the CD drive as well. I don't really know what all's going on right now with it. It's real messed up. Apparently, I need to re-install the CD Drive, Windows, AND DOS. So...yeah. Ugh. If anyone knows of a reliable source for DOS, Win 3.1, and a CD Drive, send the link my way, por favor. Much obliged.

Zeus
Knight Status

#53 Post by Zeus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:08 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
back to the topic :

Let me imagine you and your girlfriend: you start with a nice restaurant at 20.00 , go to the club for dancing and alcohol at 0.00.
You leave place at 05.00 with a coffee in your hand to extinguish alcohol and drive back safe.
Finally you return to your place with your pretty girlfriend, holding each other and looking each other in a sensational way and smile.
She knows what you want, and you know that she wants it too....
So you go to your bedroom, and fire up king's quest series, and play till total exhaustion!!!
OH yeah baby! Isn't it great to have a girlfriend that likes playing king's quest and space quest series? It is so sexy :lol
Oh oh wait..i am having an orgasm(!)===> king graham gave food to the grandmother!!! oooh :p

Wow it is amazing to have a girlfriend that like I am sure that you will have a good fun. :p

1eyedParrot
Knight Status

#54 Post by 1eyedParrot » Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:15 pm

Zeus, your erectial impotence is causing you to post like a dumbass again. Check your jodo-kastness at the door before you post again.

Zeus
Knight Status

#55 Post by Zeus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:06 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaaawn
you do your best to start a fight... a waste of time parrot
you are not serious enough to be taken into account.
You do not know even how to insult others.It is tragic :lol
Stay on topic, wear your mexican hat and obey the rules.
yaaaawn :) |I

Kurdt : i am sure that at least YOU understood the joke ;)
congrats for your new girlfriend. :hat

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#56 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:54 pm

I think something got lost in the translation there!!!!!

Bt

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#57 Post by Kurdt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:05 pm

Seriously, any vulgarity around here is not cared about by me. The only problem I had with your joke was that I saw the punchline coming a mile away, as all corny jokes are. HOWEVER, I do have problems with sissy fights, so don't do none of that around my threads, k? And thanks for the congrats. I will cherish this girl a looooong time.

And back to the other topic...any links that anyone could recommend? I'm not really sure which link is the best for what I've got here.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#58 Post by Erpy » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:15 pm

Quick search result.

Get a floppy. Put the files of the OS you want on it. Start your computer with the disk in the drive. Most Sierra CD games had utilities in the DOS setup to create boot disks for you. If you need to get a CD-ROM drive running under DOS, check this page for universal cd-rom drivers and make certain to have both the driver and mscdex on the disk, as well as the right lines in the config.sys and autoexec.bat to activate it upon startup. Don't forget the "set blaster=a220 i5 d1" line in the autoexec.bat (or something like that) to ensure sound card support.

Zeus
Knight Status

#59 Post by Zeus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:38 pm

Kurdt wrote:Seriously, any vulgarity around here is not cared about by me. The only problem I had with your joke was that I saw the punchline coming a mile away, as all corny jokes are. HOWEVER, I do have problems with sissy fights, so don't do none of that around my threads, k? And thanks for the congrats. I will cherish this girl a looooong time.

And back to the other topic...any links that anyone could recommend? I'm not really sure which link is the best for what I've got here.
vulgarity , punchline....come on ...just jokes that men say....

regarding the ''sissy fights'' do not look at me..Be fair please.look at the one eyed parrot that tried (unsuccesfully) to start the fight with HIS vulgarities. |I OK?
Last edited by Zeus on Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#60 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:43 pm

Jesus, Zeus. Will you just shut the F*@K up?

Bt
Last edited by Blackthorne519 on Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeus
Knight Status

#61 Post by Zeus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:46 pm

you forgot to say please....

(are trying to dynamite the situation? I am not buying it.)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#62 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:48 pm

Please?

Bt

Zeus
Knight Status

#63 Post by Zeus » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:52 pm

i wanted to say something to Kurdt.
I told him, and finished.
What is your prob ?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#64 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:05 pm

You're right, Bthorne. There is another Jodo in the house.

And congrats to Kurdt! That is awesome! However I don't envy you as I have the perfect girlfriend and even though she doesnt know a thing about KQ than what I tell her she is perfect. SO HAH!

*runs*

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#65 Post by Kurdt » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:34 pm

Yes, but mine came with the KQ package already installed. :p

And Zeus, for the love of Pete, I was defending you. I saaiiiid that you could tell all the dumb vulgar jokes you want in my threads cuz I'm never offended (well, unless you get REALLY gross), but sissy fights are outlawed. Whether you start them or not is neither here nor there. I don't like it when Blackthorne jumps on you any more than I like your retaliations, so just do me a favor and ignore it in my house, k? If I were a mod, I'd warn everyone that sissy-fights like that. So...don't do it.

New development! Messing around with the settings before resorting to boot disks, I finally got it working without the help of making a boot disk! However, there's a new snag - it won't install the mouse driver when I boot it up, making Windows 3.1 inoperable. It says it won't install the mouse because it can't find any mouse...but checking the back of my compy, there is clearly a mouse connected to the computer. Do I need a new mouse or do you think there's some problem with the computer itself? Input, as always, is needed.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#66 Post by Erpy » Wed Sep 01, 2004 4:58 am

Plug the mouse into another computer and check out if it works. If not, the mouse is dead. If it does, then the PS2/COM port of that old PC may be fried. You try checking it by attaching another mouse to it. Most mouse drivers are pretty universal, so it shouldn't really matter which one you use.

Jafar
Super Star

#67 Post by Jafar » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:01 am

even though she doesnt know a thing about KQ than what I tell her
Why doncha let her play one of them?

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#68 Post by Kurdt » Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:18 am

I plugged in another mouse and it still didn't work. However, I'm not sure if the COM port is fried or if it's just the connector (I had to use an adapter to turn a PC/2 mouse into a COM port mouse). I'm hoping it's just the connector and if I can track down another one or find a COM port mouse (hah!) I can get it to work. Otherwise I'd have to go searching for a new port for a machine that hasn't seen tech support since I was beat up in middle school, which is almost as hard as finding the machine itself, which already took me years.

A bit of interestingness, though. I was finally able to exit to DOS without the mouse and I noticed that there was a Sierra folder. Sure enough, this computer came with KQ7 installed! That just makes me love this girl even more, that she didn't even take KQ7 off the computer before giving it to me!!! *sigh*...bliss...

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#69 Post by Kurdt » Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:45 pm

Okay, I went to Radio Shack and picked up a serial mouse for, like, 5 bucks (I didn't even know they still had these for sale!) and lo and behold it works! The compy is now working in tip-top shape, and I'm happy! Now if only I could track down MIDI...