Hi, I'm sick over here

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Crowley9
Royal Servant Status

Hi, I'm sick over here

#1 Post by Crowley9 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:21 pm

Warning: the following post contains mild gruesomeness involving human anatomy and bodily fluids.

I'm posting this here because I felt the need to vent and this place seems to be used for that quite a lot, and people take it with a friendly attitude.

I came down with a cold on Tuesday. Strange time of the year for that. Then again, for some reason I haven't had a cold in over two years for some reason so I guess my immune system was pretty weak. Back when I was in school I used to get at least one cold a year, usually two. I guess the reason for this long health break was starting university where I don't spend 6-8 hours on five days a week in the same room with several dozen people.

Anyway, this sucks. I'm pretty much alone in this student apartment with the summer vacation still going on here. I don't really feel like doing anything but wasting time while waiting for this to pass. I try to do everything I can recall being told about what to do here. I drink a lot of warm/hot liquids, I spend some time outside once in a while, try to blow my nose sufficiently so my sinuses don't clog up and get inflammated. As a result of that last bit, there's sores all around my nostrils. Went and got a tube of salve for that from the local pharmacist (which is luckily about a hundred yards away). I try to sleep with my head elevated, which has for some reason led to a rather stiff neck. At least I've been able to sleep, even if I wake up every couple of hours to blow my nose.

Anyway, now it seems to be dying down, or at least the fever is going down. I couldn't really say whether it's the first or last half of the sickness that's worse. First your nose leaks all the time and you have that 'out of it' feeling. Then you're trying to blow all that snot that's clogging up your sinuses and hacking up what's leaked down the throat. And as already said I've got sores and scabs around my nostrils. I apply the salve, but then I need to blow my nose which effectively wipes it all away. A vicious cycle. I used to have a theory that every cold includes three things in varying orders: leaking nose, cough and a sore throat. I guess I'll have to revise that since my throat feels fine.

Anyway, trying to make my existence slightly more bearable today I went out and bought a 1,5 liter bottle of Pepsi and and potato chips. Since my mom isn't here to spoil me I'll just have to do it myself ;). Too bad there's nothing good on the TV right now to go along with them. Maybe I'll break out Thief Gold again to pass the time.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:01 pm

Hey man....

Being sick sucks. Chronic illness sucks worse.

Hope you feel better, man. Take care.

Bt

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#3 Post by Swift » Sat Aug 28, 2004 2:12 am

Get well soon, Crowley.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:02 am

yeah, i'm eagerly anticipating my first case of bronchitis for the year. something about college has done that to me - i've had something like 4-5 cases and one case of pneumonia in the past 2 years - spent my freshman year relatively healthy. but yeah, get better soon, drink alcohol - it helps!

Jafar
Super Star

#5 Post by Jafar » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:29 am

*Starts singing*
Get well, get well soon, we want you to get well. Get well, get well soon we want you to get well! :D

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#6 Post by Swift » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:32 am

Sorry for the off-topic, but I thought kirbies shouldn't sing? Won't that make things worse?

Jafar
Super Star

#7 Post by Jafar » Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:33 am

Oops! Sorry.Image
(Hey look! All lucky 7's on my postcount!)