Any Queen Fans Here?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

Any Queen Fans Here?

#1 Post by Klytos » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:16 pm

I just came back from my second viewing of the Queen musical "We Will Rock You. Holy Shit! I enjoyed it more the second time than the first, and I wanted to know if anyone else here had seen it?

Alliance
Knight Status

#2 Post by Alliance » Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:36 pm

Dude, "Bohemian Rhapsody" is the best *COUGH*Wayne's World*COUGH*

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#3 Post by Senor Matt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:01 pm

Man, I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me :(

I'm just a poor boy from a poor family :cry

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:20 pm

spare him his life from this monstrosity

Klytos

#5 Post by Klytos » Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:47 pm

Yeah, we all know the lyrics, but I wondered if anyone had actually seen the musical?

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:37 am

i saw ads for it while i was in the London airport ... i was so tempted to skip out on my trip and just go to the musical, but alas, it wasn't to be.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#7 Post by Spikey » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:24 pm

I thought three West End musicals in one week was expensive enough :lol

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#8 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:51 pm

I f'in love Queen.

I play Fat Bottom Girls with my band. Damn song rocks. They kicks ass.

Bt

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Music

#9 Post by Brainiac » Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:43 pm

Ah, Queen. Anyone who has seen the god-awful Flash Gordon movie knows that Queen's work for the soundtrack was the only good thing in the whole mess.

And of course, there's the stuff used in Highlander as well...

And Bohemian Rhapsody...and Fat Bottom Girls...and We Will Rock You...and We Are the Champions...and...

<runs off to go listen to Queen>

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#10 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:32 pm

Used to be a huge Queen fan. Bohemian Rhapsody was (and actually still is) a very amazing piece of music!

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#11 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:14 pm

i love "Fat Bottomed Girls"! ... especially since. *Turns around* yup. i'm definetly one.

Klytos

#12 Post by Klytos » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:24 am

I love .... a shitload of their songs. But the musical was awesome! The best show I have ever seen, and I have seen a few.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#13 Post by Gronagor » Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:30 pm

Would love to see the musical. :( But impossible.

I'm a big fan... Highlander is still my favourite movie of all time simply because of the soundtrack.

hmmm... I wonder why they don't want to play the 'Bicycle' music video over here on Kids TV. :rolleyes

Weaver1497
Peasant Status

#14 Post by Weaver1497 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:43 pm

I live in the US and We will rock you just opened in the Paris in Las Vegas, I really want to get out to see it. Ive heard good things.

Kiltos, is it like Mama Mia? Like a story set to the backdrop of Queens music? I definately hope to see it in the next 6 months.

PS: You know it hasnt even opened in New York I believe its only playing in Vegas.

Klytos

#15 Post by Klytos » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:24 am

The only way it's like Mama Mia is in the fact that yeah, it's Queen songs set to a story. (Not shithouse Abba...)

The Story
[spoiler]The time is the future, in a place that was once called Earth. Globalisation is complete! Everywhere, the kids watch the same movies, wear the same fashions and think the same thoughts. It's a safe, happy, Ga Ga world. Unless you're a rebel. Unless you want to Rock! On Planet Mall all musical instruments are banned. The Company computers generate the tunes and everybody downloads them. It is an age of Boy Bands and of Girl Bands. Of Boy and Girl Bands. Of Girl Bands with a couple of boys in them that look like girls anyway. Nothing is left to chance, hits are scheduled years in advance.

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality...

But resistance is growing. Underneath the gleaming cities, down in the lower depths live the Bohemians. Rebels who believe that there was once a Golden Age when the kids formed their own bands and wrote their own songs. They call that time, The Rhapsody.

Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see...

Legend persists that somewhere on Planet Mall instruments still exist. Somewhere, the mighty axe of a great and hairy guitar god lies buried deep in rock. The Bohemians need a hero to find this axe and draw it from stone. Is the one who calls himself Galileo that man?

He's just a poor boy. From a poor family...

But the Ga Ga Cops are also looking for Galileo and if they get him first they will surely drag him before the Killer Queen and consign him to oblivion across the Seven Seas of Rye. Who is Galileo? Where is the Hairy One's lost axe? Where is the place of living rock?

Anywhere the wind blows[/spoiler].

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:07 am

but still I fear and still I dare not
LAUGH AT THE MADMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

:lol

me loves queen.

Patzman
Peasant Status

#17 Post by Patzman » Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:24 am

It is someone has listened Edenbrige ?
It is the group which style gets closer of Queen. With a little of "Heavy Metal"

rosel1
Knight Status

#18 Post by rosel1 » Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:07 pm

Queen is one of the coolest groups of all time! I don't think anyone would argue with that one. ;) I love pretty much all their songs...hard to pick my favourite!

Bohemian Rhapsody, Somebody to Love, Prophet Song, '39, Death on Two Legs, Another One Bites the Dust...

I think what makes them so great was the fact that they incorporated so many different music genres into their songs...from classical/opera to disco to hard rock...there's something for everyone! Not to mention the fact that their vocal/instrumentals were/are out of this world!

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#19 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:07 pm

I think what makes them so great was the fact that they incorporated so many different music genres into their songs...
Some people were a bit hurt by Hot Space... ;)

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#20 Post by Milan Easton » Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:46 pm

I have unfortunately not seen the musical, but I will assure you, there is a Best of Queen CD in my car, as well as plenty of Queen songs on my computer to inspire me during the game dev process...

Queen rocks!

How did you find out about the musical? Does it play often? What are the chances of finding one playing around here?

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#21 Post by Senor Matt » Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:43 am

Yeah, I live on the west coast like AGD1 and I would be very interested in finding out if their having any showings in the area. Anybody know anything about possble shows in California?

Klytos

#22 Post by Klytos » Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:43 am

http://queenonline.com/wewillrockyou/

Just click on your countrie's flag to see where the shows are playing. I found out about it when I saw the huge poster plastered to a billboard which I walk past on my way to work every day.