Alien vs Predator movie

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Skyshark
Knight Status

Alien vs Predator movie

#1 Post by Skyshark » Fri Jul 23, 2004 12:38 pm

This film's apparently coming out in the US in August, with Australia getting it in late September and I'd say the UK and various other countries would get it about that time too.

According to the website, this film is set on Earth in Antarctica before the Alien movies. The original Weyland company (that later merges with Yutani to form Weyland Yutani) discovers an ancient pyramid buried underneath the ice and send a team to investigate, which includes Charles Bishop Weyland, the company founder, who is played by Lance Henriksen (who played Bishop in the Aliens movies). Inside the pyramid, however, are Alien eggs and a team of young Predators on the loose. Not too sure about what else, but it looks like it'll be a good old stoush between the Aliens and the Predators, with the humans trapped in the middle. I'm not expecting anything overly cerebral with this film (except maybe seeing how it fits in with the Aliens and Predator universes).

Wonder who wins? Aliens, Predators or humans? :evil

Link to movie site

Rambaldi0503
The Heretic

#2 Post by Rambaldi0503 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:41 pm

I never saw Predator, but damn those Aliens were tough to kill. I'll go with Alien.

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#3 Post by Swift » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:28 pm

I saw the Predator 1 and 2 as a kid. The first one was really frightening. Never seen any Alien movies.

I think the humans will win.

Amayirot Akago
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Amayirot Akago » Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:18 pm

Predators are gonna win. Remember when Danny Glover was looking around the predator's trophy room in Predator 2? There was an alien skull too.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#5 Post by Klytos » Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:24 pm

Predator, the ultimate 80's action movie. I'm suroruised there are people (Rambaldi you limp dick) that haven't seen it. :smokin

I think the Aliens will win, otherwise .... ah i have no reasons really. I just reakon it'll be a good movie.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

didn't want to make a new thread

#6 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:40 am

I'm not in the habbit of reviving age-old threads, but I just saw the movie tonight and felt like commenting and didn't want to make a new thread. Really good movie! I was worried it would be less than half-decent with a minimal story and up-to-your-eyeballs explosive special FX. Overall I think it was well done! Worthy to have been made, IMO.

[spoiler]I like the way they explained how the aliens got out into space for the people in the first Alien movie to find way in the future by that Alien popping out of the dead Predator at the end on the ship. I didn't know what was going to happen when it just showed the dead Predator at the end. I didn't know if he was going to come back to life or what. Then his chest bursts and I'm like "OH YEAAAAHHH!!!!". That was awesome.[/spoiler]