Hello All

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

UnReVEaled_MySTEry_BoX
Peasant Status

Hello All

#1 Post by UnReVEaled_MySTEry_BoX » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:41 am

Hey guys/gals

Just wanted to say hi to eveyone. So when you read a post you don't think "who the hell is this guy". I've looked through heaps of posts and you guys seem like a pretty wakkers bunch. Hope you guys don't mind me hanging round.

Thanks and cheers to more rocking posting

PS. wakkers means umm... well nothing it's just my word

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#2 Post by Swift » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:53 am

Welcome to the forums.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:57 am

PS. wakkers means umm... well nothing it's just my word
Your word as well as the word used by "Me, myself and you" to describe his game project. (in case the name rings no bell, he's the guy who shares his IP adress with you)

I'd like to remind you that members are not allowed to use more than one account on these forums. If you wish to change your username, just ask one of the forum admins to do it for you.

UnReVEaled_MySTEry_BoX
Peasant Status

#4 Post by UnReVEaled_MySTEry_BoX » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:11 am

k.

Erpy can i ask you something?

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#5 Post by Spikey » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:21 am

Very subtle.

Don't toy with Erpy. He has your phonenumber and calls you and tells you: "You're on the indexpage doing nothing."

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#6 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:51 am

Yes, you can ask me things. (that's what I'm here for) Just post the question or PM me with your request.

(but I intend to remove this second account soon)

P.s: Spikes, don't go scaring the new guys, 'kay?

Last edited by Erpy on Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#7 Post by navynuke04 » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:52 am

Erpy wrote:Your word as well as the word used by "Me, myself and you" to describe his game project. (in case the name rings no bell, he's the guy who shares his IP adress with you)

I'd like to remind you that members are not allowed to use more than one account on these forums. If you wish to change your username, just ask one of the forum admins to do it for you.
:rollin Erpy sure is smart!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#8 Post by Erpy » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:58 am

It was the use of the "wakkers" word that gave him away. I never heard anyone say it before. So I figured an IP check wouldn't hurt and I noticed the two were one and the same.

JWar
Knight Status

#9 Post by JWar » Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:19 pm

Dude... you are like sooooo kewl..

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#10 Post by Peter Swinkels » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:42 pm

So I figured an IP check wouldn't hurt and I noticed the two were one and the same.
If I am right, two posts from different user accounts having the same IP address could mean that posts were made by different people using computers on a local area network. It could also mean that two different people used the same computer (public computer perhaps?)

Now these things probably aren't very common and posts from two different user accounts all or most using the word "wakkers" and having the same IP address in both accounts probably means the two accounts are being used by the same person.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#11 Post by Angelus3K » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:50 pm

If I am right, two posts from different user accounts having the same IP address could mean that posts were made by different people using computers on a local area network. It could also mean that two different people used the same computer (public computer perhaps?)

Now these things probably aren't very common and posts from two different user accounts all or most using the word "wakkers" and having the same IP address in both accounts probably means the two accounts are being used by the same person.
Yea I think Erpy knows that.

Erpy is the IP Master!! He can even tell that I'm not at home right now! :eek

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#12 Post by Peter Swinkels » Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:54 pm

Yea I think Erpy knows that.
I also think he knows it, but I have seen other people on forums go: same ip = same person.

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#13 Post by Spikey » Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:44 pm

Erpy isn't like that, nor any of the other AGDI members.

Most of the time people announce such stuff: like "hi Im his sister..." or something.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:56 am

New guy: Greetings fellow adventures I am Orick son of Nyar who was the son of bladamir who gave birt two my uncles casius and kadra who.....spikey i don't think people put their family tres up for an introduction but i see where you are coming from so if I was let's say Broomies cousin the only hints to that would be i may know his personality better then a regular joe would (do i count as a regular yet?)

P.S Nice detective skills Erpy that was very impressive, can you find my dog?

Jafar
Super Star

#15 Post by Jafar » Fri Sep 24, 2004 4:40 am

When Erpy's on the case, theres nobody who can stop him. After all, its hard to have a secret identity when he can see everyones IP.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#16 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:59 am

After all, its hard to have a secret identity when he can see everyones IP.
Not if your using a fake IP...

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#17 Post by Peter Swinkels » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:15 pm

nor any of the other AGDI members.
I wasn't pointing at any one specifically when I said some people go: same ip = same person. I am not even implying that the people who think that are being suspicious of others and such. It's just that I have seen people who seem to think: same ip = same person at other forums.

Do you mean every one at the forums here by AGDI members? If so, no one here could even go: same ip = same person because the ip's are hidden except for the moderators, but I think they know better than that (I hope so.)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#18 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:23 pm

Yes we do know better as we've had a few people pretending to be others and Erpy has caught them.

Was quite funny hearing the excuses like Spikey mentioned "It was my Sister!" :lol

Peter Swinkels
Knight Status

#19 Post by Peter Swinkels » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:01 pm

"It was my Sister!"
It could be true but it is unlikely. Were there any people who had valid explanations (if so which?) for their ip appearing in messages under another username? I have to ask: why would any one want two user acounts for the same forums any way?

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#20 Post by Erpy » Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:19 pm

I don't believe any "valid" clarifications were ever given. The main reason why people would like multiple accounts is the ability to adopt different "personalities". There's less self-control because a poster can avoid having to take responsibility when getting flack from me or another mod because it was the "other guy" doing it.

If relatives or siblings really regularly drop by on a board, they'll usually have their own account, posting style and so forth. I think lots of regulars will have learned to recognize posts made by Angelus under Vamp's account by now. (by accident) Lots of posters have their own "fingerprints" as far as use of grammar, punctuation, wording, emoticons and attitude are concerned.

If a sibling is introduced the very moment a member mucks up, my gut tends to tell me this is just a single person trying to worm his way out of hot water. :)

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#21 Post by Spikey » Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:53 pm

multiple internetpersonality disorder

The Knight
King of Men

#22 Post by The Knight » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:02 am

multiple internetpersonality disorder
Isn't that the term you used for me in the chat?

Because I don't do that......

....much. ;) :p

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#23 Post by Spikey » Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:27 am

Yes. Looks like you've found yourself a pal.

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#24 Post by Senor Matt » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:59 am

Seriously though guys, I don't think I've ever seen a more kind or friendly forum on the net than this one, and I think that the reason why these forums are so nice is due in a large part to the efforts of Erpy and his vigilant policing of the posts. So lets give some credit where it's due and give three cheers for Epry and all he does for us.

Hip hip... ;)

Jafar
Super Star

#25 Post by Jafar » Mon Sep 27, 2004 7:17 am

*Takes three cheers, giftwraps them and gives them to Erpy*
Happy Birt- wait a minute. Your B-day already passed.
...Happy TO-Day! :D