Earliest Memory!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

Earliest Memory!

#1 Post by Alias » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:56 pm

I wanted to know what is your Earliest Memory? ;)

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#2 Post by Blackthorne519 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:13 pm

I'm two. Playing Atari VCS (2600 it was later renamed) with my Uncle Bob, in my grandmother's house. I still remember the checked pattern of the rug in his room.

Bt

Sir Nyrhinen
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by Sir Nyrhinen » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:30 pm

My earliest memory... When i woke up this morning? :lol

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#4 Post by Alias » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:39 pm

heh, mine was when my gran dad died. :cry I was 4 years old I think?

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:40 pm

My earliest? I don;t remeber lol My earliest memory with my family is when i was walking up the road by my house with my cousin at age 4 and as we got close to the top of the hill i said "Look the road disapears we should turn back" Because you couldn't see any road there after. Well it's not as early as BT's....OH WAIT 2 years old and i heard the word B!tch for the first time. These 2 kids came to my door at my old house and i was sitting on the stairs by the door when my mom answers.

Kid: can we have (asks for something can't remeber what it was)
Mother: No I'm sorry (granted they asked for something big like money or something)
Kid2: You're a fucking bitch (THESE KIDS ARE LIKE 2 OR 3 YEARS OLDER THEN I WAS)

There father later came that day to apoligize and when my mom said "Where are they hearinmg this kind of language" very softly he turned red and left.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#6 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:04 pm

my earliest memory ... i was about 2 1/2, and my cousin was born. i remember being in a hospital room with my aunt and we were giving her baby presents.

i recall being at my grandmother's house when i was really young and someone had died ... i don't think it was my grandfather, becuase i was only a year old then ... may have been my uncle george, i would have been maybe 3? i dunno. but that memory is really fresh in my mind for some reason.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#7 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:11 am

I was 4 I believe...maybe 5...but I think I was 4. Playing pacman and ms pacman and SQ2, SQ1, Kq1, and KQ2 and a few others maybe on our Tandy 1000. :)

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#8 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:11 am

Why do so many people's earliest memories have to do with gaming of some sort?

While I was at the Oklahoma Gaming Expo the other day, I was browsing through some old Atari games they had. I was surprised to realized I had played many of them at my dad's house with my step-brothers.

Jafar
Super Star

#9 Post by Jafar » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:52 am

I'm not sure which one is earliest, but I remember:
Spilled Grape Juice
A wall
Sleeping Bags
An old, purple game (Indiana Jones?)
Ultima IV
Some childrens books
Pizza
The trunk of a car

I've tried to fit this into some sort of pattern, but I don't remember enough. I was told that once I renamed all the directorys in the C drive to "Jafar". In DOS. :eek

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#10 Post by navynuke04 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:02 am

I remember playing Jumping Joe on my dad's new PC. It was a black and white game where you played as a stickman. You had to jump from platform to platform and climb ladders in order to get to the exit of the level. I really thought it was fun stuff!

I also remember my old Apple IIe. It could be considered my first computer, as it was given to me and was kept in my room. It had a game called "Animals". The game would ask you to think of an animal, and then it would start asking questions and try to guess what animal you were thinking of. If it guessed wrong, it'd ask you to enter a question to distinguish your animal from the animal it guessed. It would then be able to guess that animal the next time someone played. As strange as it seems now, I had fun spending hours trying to teach it all kinds of animals.

Cain Aleksandrovich
Knight Status

#11 Post by Cain Aleksandrovich » Wed Sep 29, 2004 3:11 am

When I was was 1 1/2. Back in Ukraine, I fell into a hole in the beach , it couldn't more than 4 feet deep, but I had only started walking shortly before then and remember being freaked. I don't believe that Freudian shit where you repress traumatic stuff, though a shrink I went to when i was 14 told me that there was no way I could remember it, and that because I was told about it so much, my mind conjured it up, but I remember details about the day, like it rained that morning and my dad had had a broken arm, that was on the tail end of healing, so...

Skyshark
Knight Status

#12 Post by Skyshark » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:15 am

Waking up in my bed when I was about 2 or so, after floating above it and being pulled back into it. Maybe it was a dream (not too sure), but if it was, that would explain me being shot with an arrow in a Viking village and then waking up in my bed.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#13 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:12 pm

I'm... not really sure. Most of the things I remember, I only remember because I've been told about them, so they don't really count. The things I DO remember by myself are just blurry fragments.

I have no idea why it's like this, but it could be due to the car accident I had when I was 5 - I got hit by the side mirror of a passing car, giving me a broken collar bone and a concussion. I have a theory that my long-term memory was somewhat damaged by that, but I could be wrong.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:25 pm

wow that's a terrible story. Maybe that's your earliest memory. Take that memory and say "This is my earliest memory" your brain should click and say "no this was first" and if that wasn't first it repeats till you get as far as you can. Atleast that's how i did it.

Gronagor
Saurus Salesman

#15 Post by Gronagor » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:45 am

Hmmm... my mother telling me (at 2) that I'm about to have a baby brother, and me learning pure evil hatred! Nah... not really. I couldn't have cared less...

was more bothered with the whistling sound the TV made (that strange round shape with colours that stayed the same for hours) before the TV programs started.

Sir Nyrhinen
Royal Servant Status

#16 Post by Sir Nyrhinen » Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:38 am

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:Take that memory and say "This is my earliest memory" your brain should click and say "no this was first" and if that wasn't first it repeats till you get as far as you can. Atleast that's how i did it.
WHATWHATWHAT! That doesn't work on me! My brain says: "Nothing"
:\

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#17 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:33 pm

Maybe it only works on left handed people because they tend to use different parts of their brain. Hence it will only work on me because i am the only lefty i know (there are a few now that i think about it)

KKuhlman
The Silent Witness

#18 Post by KKuhlman » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:29 pm

I'm left handed and the only thing my brain says to that is: "The number you were dialing could not be reached, please check the number..."