A Recent, Japanese, Adventure game!!!?? On the PS2!!???

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

KQswst106
Peasant Status

A Recent, Japanese, Adventure game!!!?? On the PS2!!???

#1 Post by KQswst106 » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:21 am

All of you have to try Shadow of Destiny by Konami. Since I'm bad at writing them here's a summary of the story I found:
You've been murdered! Killed by an unknown attacker, you must travel back in time to change the course of events that lead to your untimely death. Through various conversations and by acquiring different items you'll uncover the clues that could save your life!

It's great to not only play a Adventure game again, but on my PS2 as well!

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#2 Post by Senor Matt » Mon Oct 11, 2004 4:25 am

That plot sounds a lot like a game I read about for the PC, but I don't remember it's name. I wonder if that's a port.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:00 am

I actually finished this game on the 26th of March and posted about it on here, its on page 6 of the GC & PS2 Ownz thread, the game is actually a few years old something like 2001 I believe, anyway here is what I said about it.
Angelus3K wrote:A game I have just finished on PS2 was amazing!! Its called Shadow of Memory (Shadow of Destiny USA) and its about a guy called Eike who gets killed but this guy called Homonculus brings him back to life and gives him the ability to live again and try and prevent his own death.

To do this Homonculus gives you this Digipad thing which lets you travel in time so you basically first of all travel back in time to an hour ago and get a group of people to goto the market square so when at the time of the murder there is lots of people there and the murderer is scared away, there are 8 different chapters and each one begins with Eike being killed and then having to try and prevent it and trying to find out who is doing this and why.

Your time travelling takes you to such times as 1584, 1902, 1979 and the present which is 2001. It is set in a German town and when you travel back in time your in the same place so you see the town in different time zones!!

The game is so cool and looks like it should have been a movie!! I had a lot of fun playing this game and is has 5 endings and 2 secret endings!!

I've finished it once, took only 4:30 hours but I am defintely going to play again.

The cool thing is that you can change something in the past then travel to the present and see the result! But you must be careful not to meet yourself or you will die as you cant occupy the space part of space time.

I'd definetly recommend this game its so cool, a really good adventure game!!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#4 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:51 am

what console is it on? I love konami and would like to put another 60 in their pocket. obviously I like them for such titles as metal gear but i once had a thread or topic in a thread called "When has Konami ever made a bad game?

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:17 am

PS2

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#6 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:44 am

Well I have one till december I'll keep an eye out at the block buster. Lol I'll never find it will I? I geuss if I wanted to do my brother a favour I would just buy it but I'm still suffering wallet scars from the last 2 I bought

anathoth8
Triforce Defender

#7 Post by anathoth8 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:34 pm

Quest For Glory Fan wrote:what console is it on? I love konami and would like to put another 60 in their pocket. obviously I like them for such titles as metal gear but i once had a thread or topic in a thread called "When has Konami ever made a bad game?
*cough*Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness*cough*