Leisure Suit Larry 6 help

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Mordavia
Royal Servant Status

Leisure Suit Larry 6 help

#1 Post by Mordavia » Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:00 am

hi all...........

i am currently playing LSL6 Slip out or Shape Up, and im am stuck. In this one part, im suposed to put some cellulite into a old whale lamp but it always freezes when larry uses the drain to put the cellulite in the lamp. can someone help me, is there a patch for this problem, or something.

thanx all.....

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#2 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:20 am

Hey,

I used to have this problem, what happens is the game runs out of memory.

Open the resource.cfg file in the larry directory and there should be an entry for "AudioSize = xx" or something similar.

What you need to do is change the xx value DOWN by 5 untill it works, so if its at 20k then change it to 15k save play the game and see if it works, Repeat till it works.

You can also goto the in game options and turn volume to the lowest and detail to the lowest.

That should get you past that point then afterwards return all settings back to what they were.

Hope that helps!

Mordavia
Royal Servant Status

LSL6 Needs help pleae???

#3 Post by Mordavia » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:35 pm

hi .....

I tried both options but it still does not work. any other suggestions??

possibly a patch???

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#4 Post by Angelus3K » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:39 pm

There is no patch.

Try reducing the "MinHunk = xx" value too by 5 until it works, thats what I did back in the day.

Alternatlivy search for a savegame after that scene. But that method worked for me those many years ago ;)

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#5 Post by Pidgeot » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:28 pm

Actually, there is a patch. You can download it from the Sierra FTP. (Direct link to directory: ftp://ftp.sierra.com/pub/patches/pc/).

As far as I can tell, you must download a saved game for the CD version (lsl6sg.exe) and a patch for the disk version (ls6pat.exe). Don't have the CD version to test, though, so not sure about that one.