Slightly off topic, but help needed if you are able :)

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Pythos
Peasant Status

Slightly off topic, but help needed if you are able :)

#1 Post by Pythos » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:30 am

Hey All,

Im a new member here, found the site actually while browsing adventuregamestudio, and am busy downloading your KV1+2 remakes (which look amazing) - thanks for your effort on those (and looking forward to the QFG2 remake).

Now praises aside, I wish to ask a question and since this forum is genereally made up of the classic sierra game lovers I thought this would be a great place to ask it. I have the Police Quest, Quest for Glory and Space Quest collections on CD, but ever since I upgraded from windows 95/98 I havnt been able to play them, niether under 2000 nor XP even when run in XP with the 95/98 compatibility mode enabled. Nor using the boot from a 98se CD which dosnt work as my disks are NTFS vs 98se's FAT32. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas on how I might be able to get these games running again? Most of the games I can install no problem, however when I run the game it goes to the initial screen (just before sirra logo) then crashes out again. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as im dieing to play these games again. Thank you all very much to those who respond! My PC specs are below if that helps at all.

Much Thanks,
Pythos

Specs:

Intel 3.2ghz 512k Cache 800mhz FSB
1024meg Kingston Twin DDR 400
2x120gig Western Digitals
ATI Radeon 9800XT
Creative Audigy 2 ZS

I think those are the main specs anyone would need to be able to help, if you can help but need other info please ask ill keep checking in. Thanks a million again.

adeyke

#2 Post by adeyke » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:37 am

Two answers:
DOSBox
VDMSound (site seems to be down right now, though)

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#3 Post by Klytos » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:23 am

DOSBox, almost godlike in it's ability to play great old games.

Pythos
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Pythos » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:04 pm

Thanks very much guys, I appreciate the help, ill try this Dosbox as soon as I get back from work, thanks again!

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#5 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:22 am

if you have a sound problem in Dos Box close all programs and full screen the actual game window with Alt + enter. Just helping out if that's a problem for anyone else althoug I seem the only one.