How do you start your day?

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Senor Matt
Knight Status

#26 Post by Senor Matt » Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:16 pm

One word: Waffles!!!

Good Ol AMERICAN waffles baby!! Put some maple syrup and peanut butter on that baby and you've got yourself a fine breakfast!! ;) Course I only do that on the weekends. Hey, it's the weekend right now, why am I wasting my time on here instead of making some right now? :p

Skyshark
Knight Status

#27 Post by Skyshark » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:31 am

Varies a lot. Sometimes it can be cereal, or toast, or bacon, or whatever I can find.

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#28 Post by Pidgeot » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:50 am

A slice of toasted white bread with strawberry jam and a glass of orange juice. I can never eat much, but considering how I didn't gain any weight during the period where I didn't eat anything at all for breakafast, it looks like I need to eat at least that much.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#29 Post by bartonjo2 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:46 am

I hate breakfst but thats because I hate almost all breakfast foods, i get tired of cereal, troast is ok but oatmeal isnt instant breakfast is good, bagels are good but i usually just east cereal becuase i have to eat at 6 in the moring. I hat english muffins in a motel in the states. btw ghost face meant those years in this format
24596868960 haunted cursed years whooooowhooo scary!

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#30 Post by Kurdt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:03 am

I would say that a crumpet has more in common with a bagel than it does a biscuit. People eat bagels for breakfast a lot. Like the crumpets in your picture, people will smother their bagels with cream cheese, peanut butter, jelly, anything. I once saw this guy put peanut butter and m&m's on his bagel! It was el crazy, it was.
Me, myself, and u wrote:I never have breakfast. This post has sort of made my self freak out, for most days i don't eat at all. This is weird but i'm never hungry (EVER) and i only seem to eat for habit. I'm not skinny and i'm one of the heaviest in my class. I think i have some problem. Whats up with that?
You probably just have a really slow metabolism. There are some people who are always starving, who eat and eat and eat and never get fat at all. Those people have really high metabolisms. The reason you're probably not overweight is because you don't eat when you're not hungry. Either that or you don't eat out of some kind of depression. Hopefully, it's the former and not the latter.

Milan Easton
Ruler of the Castle

#31 Post by Milan Easton » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:28 am

Now: Oatmeal with Peanut Butter and Honey

Pre-root canal: Big Kat Bar and 32oz. Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke from QT.

In Australia: Vegimite toast with tea (two scoops of sugar and milk added). Occasionally, Vitabrits.

In Africa: Chai, french fry omelete, papaya, and buttered bread.

Europe: Birchermuesli und Spiegeleier mit Gartenkraeuter und eine heisse Tasse Ovalmaltine.

Anonymous Game Developer #1

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#32 Post by Spikey » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:04 am

Vanilla Diet? I tasted it in London, that flavour didn't make it to the Netherlands yet. I'm so jealous.

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#33 Post by VampD3 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:31 pm

Yeah we have Vanilla Diet here in the UK aswell, and Lemon diet, but we don't have a cherry diet yet, just plain cherry.

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#34 Post by Vipt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:35 pm

What exactly are Spiegeleier? Reflective eggs? hmmm...

I know that German has all sorts of special food names that make no sense, so this is probably one of them. I remember a particular item called Leberkaesa, meaning literally 'livercheese'. :x It sounds disgusting, but I later found out it had nothing to do with either liver or cheese. :\ Very strange stuff.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#35 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:24 pm

Milan Easton wrote: In Australia: Vegimite toast with tea (two scoops of sugar and milk added). Occasionally, Vitabrits.
Oh, man! Vegemite and Marmite are just disgusting! My friend offered me some once. After I was done simultaneously vomiting and wheezing, and my vision cleared up, I vowed never to eat it again.

Bt

Meerbat
The Winged Suricate

#36 Post by Meerbat » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:43 pm

What exactly are Spiegeleier? Reflective eggs? hmmm...
Verbally translated, yes... But it means eggs sunny-side-up.
I usually have cereal for breakfast, but the traditional breakfast for me consists of half a sandwich (not a normal one cut in half, but rather an uncovered slice of bread with cheese and/or ham, some creamcheese-like spread, and chocolate-nougat spread).
Back home the only time self-respecting people would eat sandwiches, was for breakfast or at a picnic. The first time I ate dinner at a restaurant in the US and saw sandwiches on the menu, I thought:
"They serve pretty much only sandwiches and then they expect a tip? Maybe next time, I am not going to eat here again anyway..."

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#37 Post by Vipt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:09 pm

Thanks for the explanation, Meerbat.

BTW, by "half a sandwich" I think you mean an open-faced sandwich, as it's called in America. Only one slice of bread, right?

I also don't really like it when restaurants serve sandwiches at dinnertime. Or, I should say, cold sandwiches. Some places serve larger "submarine" sandwiches that are toasted and have cooked meat inside. Those are dinner-worthy, in my opinion.

Meerbat
The Winged Suricate

#38 Post by Meerbat » Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:49 pm

Yes, an open-faced sandwich I meant, Vipt.
Also, for three years in the US, I learned to accept sandwiches with cooked meat as food :)

VampD3
Queen of the Night and Moderator

#39 Post by VampD3 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:21 pm

wow here in the UK sandwiches are always on the menu at Pubs, resturants etc. In fact the only day its not is on a Sunday.

I love that Nutella type chocolate spread!!! mmmmmmm I love it on toast. But I really really like Poridge right now, not the kiddy type but more of the oaty type, I love oats!!!

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#40 Post by Vipt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:56 pm

Well, maybe the fact that the sandwich was first made in England has something to do with its popularity in English pubs. It gets its namesake from the town of Sandwich, after all.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#41 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:10 pm

I like sandwichs. Most of us should be happy we get such a choice. You know, there are places in the world where a menu looks like this.....

Dirt.................................. 6p
Dust................................. 3p
Dirty Water....................... 1p
Dust/Dirt Combo platter..... 8p
Mud.................................. 5p
Dirt with fly in it.................12p

The fly is a delicacy!

Bt

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#42 Post by Vipt » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:13 am

Wow, that Dust/Dirt Combo platter is a real deal: only 8p! Just think, you'd have to spend another whole 'p' to purchase both of these delicious morsels separately!! :rollin

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#43 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:16 am

silly Bt that's only in Zanzibar!.....and maybe the southern states.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#44 Post by Kurdt » Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:05 am

When I went to New York, their sandwiches were ridiculous. Mitch Hedberg was right:

"I don't like sandwiches from New York delis, man. They put too much meat in 'em. It's like a cow with a cracker on either side. 'Would you like anything else with your sandwich?' 'Yeah, a loaf of bread and some other people!'"

I thought he was exaggerating, but he wasn't! I ordered a club sandwich and it looked like they gave me a whole turkey! The sandwich was 5in. (13cm) high! I thought I was gonna die from too much meat consumption!