New and exciting topic: why macs are evil

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

bartonjo2
Knight Status

New and exciting topic: why macs are evil

#1 Post by bartonjo2 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:28 pm

I dont know about you guys but I think apple computers are evil, for example when you get an error the mac voice will sometimes say, its not my fault

whos fault is it then?

Jafar
Super Star

#2 Post by Jafar » Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:40 am

I never really used macs that much. I think they're a little slow for my tastes though. And when they lock up, they lock up BAD.

ThreeHeadedMonkey
Knight Status

Re:

#3 Post by ThreeHeadedMonkey » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:05 am

Bartonjo is right. :smokin
Though, Macs still don't suck as bad as M$ Windows...

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#4 Post by Uhanimar » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:12 am

I used a mac once....

IT WAS AWFUL!!!!

It had to be the worst i've ever delt with a operating sytem i just don't like the feel of it....

Me aunt whos a computerwiz calles microsoft micky-squish....

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#5 Post by Blackthorne519 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:14 am

I used to like Macs, and PC's. Both at once. I just don't like Mac's anymore. Everyone says they're great for graphics and whatever, but I don't see any advantage. Besides the fact that they're "immune" to viruses and spyware, who cares?

Bt

Relight
Archival Expert

#6 Post by Relight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:18 am

Macs? You mean those big paperweight things?

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#7 Post by bartonjo2 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:45 am

yeah i mean macs are so sssssllllooooooowwww and to top it off they only have one mouse button, and whats more they dont read many file types, theyre filesystem is messed, the mosue pointer moves slow, i could go on and on (can you tell :D

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#8 Post by Kurdt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:11 am

Using a Mac is like walking around the middle of Istanbul without knowing a shred of Arabic. You don't know the language, you don't know the culture, nothing makes sense and nobody's around to help you. PCs are not only more practical, but they're easier to use, have millions of more advantages, and graphics on PCs aren't THAT bad. I don't know how Apple survived past 1995 with such an incompatible nightmare for a product.

Relight
Archival Expert

#9 Post by Relight » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:24 am

Oooh yeah I hate those one-button mice!

Pidgeot
Defense Minister Status

#10 Post by Pidgeot » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:43 am

I believe the movie found here explains very well why Macs are bad. (DivX, ~3.5MB)

And in relation, see why Every OS Sucks. (QuickTime, 21.1MB)

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#11 Post by Vipt » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:15 pm

Actually, I think they speak Turkish in Istanbul, as it's part of Turkey. It's highly possible that Arabic is spoken there as well, however.

Steffi Evenstar
Defense Minister Status

#12 Post by Steffi Evenstar » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:09 pm

oooooooo,macs need to DIE. for whatever reason, the music dept. faculty insist on using macs in the music dept. computer lab. (yes, it is the faculty, not the school - the school hates that they're there) them things are EVIL. i can't access GMail, there's the damn one button mouse, and they're ugleeeeee.

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#13 Post by bartonjo2 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:26 pm

that movie doesnt work

yes macs are very ugly, its becuause of the companys stupid business decisions that they will die out soon
Plus another item, THEY DONT WORK

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#14 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:24 am

do you have DIVX or quicktime? that could explain a lot.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#15 Post by Kurdt » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:42 am

I was trying to think of a country that spoke Arabic that didn't have heavy heavy American businessmen influence and thus would have a lesser chance of people knowing English well enough to help you out. I was racking my brain for cities like this that were still open to tourism (aka weren't destroyed by us and other stuff) and then I just remembered the catchy song "Istanbul, Constantinople" and put it down.

When I used to work for the newspaper here, all we had in the newsroom were Macs. I absolutely hated it. The only saving grace was that the Macs had Word on them. I was able to write my reports (most times) on MY computer and then transfer them there for editing. It was very stupid and tedious. Also, the film editing room in the theatre building at my school is a Mac system. Thankfully, I've never had to edit any film yet, so I haven't dealt with that. That'll happen soon enough, though...

bartonjo2
Knight Status

#16 Post by bartonjo2 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:13 am

I do have divx the link is just broken

hey guys check out my unfinished but totally awesome gpa calculator
gpa

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#17 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:10 am

that jerk two posts above wrote: then I just remembered the catchy song "Istanbul, Constantinople" and put it down.
Istanbul was contstantinople now it's Istanbul not constatntinople been a long time gone for constantinople, why does constantinople get the works? That's nobodies buisness but the Turks! ISTANBULLLLLLL!

Sorry I used to know that whole song. If anyone goes to http://www.homestarrunner.com they know of TMBG they also did the malcom in the middle theme song and the greatest song ever known as Particle man.

the quote may have been a dis but I was just playing with tags so don't be offended *raises fist* KURDT 4EVER

Swift
Dungeon Mistress

#18 Post by Swift » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:40 am

You're gonna have to be a lot clearer that you're just kidding or there could be misunderstandings.

Quest For Glory Fan
Slacker of Shapeir

#19 Post by Quest For Glory Fan » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:20 am

like the time you destroyed me with the chain saw? no more "Swift Death's" for me :lol

TakariFreak
Seto Kaiba Fangirl

#20 Post by TakariFreak » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:36 am

Have DECENT Macs aren't all THAt bad. When a person's experience from them comes from school computers, it's not really wise to make judgement, most school Macs are really ourdated, and of course are going to suck. That may not be the case for all of you, but around here, it sure is.

I've used a few half decent macs before, and they aren't really THAT bad. No worse than a regular outdated PC (which is not to hard to own in todays grwoing world of computers).

And a little note, it kinda helps the statement to say WHY you all feel macs are evil. Details are good. "They don't work" is a little vague. I'm just having a difficult time seeing why you all think they are so horrible.

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#21 Post by Kurdt » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:43 pm

Well, like I said, my hatred from them stems from the fact that they're essentially a foreign language to me. Everything about them throws me off. The Macs we've got at our school are all about 2 years old, so they aren't any more outdated than my own PC is, but the fact that operating them is like trying to haggle for a basket in Mexico when the other guy's understanding of English comes down to "Hello," "20 dollar," and "you pay" makes me dislike them. I know people who hate everything that has to do with PCs the same way others hate Macs and just about for that reason. It's the only true computer language barrier.

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#22 Post by Blackthorne519 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:37 pm

I don't hate Macs; I'd just never make them the number one choice for my own personal computer. If I had a workstation, made up of several computers, I would probably have a Mac in there, just so I could have one. Most likely, I'd have a PC running Linux, another Running windows and a Mac. Variety is the spice of life, but overall I find PC's to be more versatile and powerful.

Now everyone click this link.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/fhqwhgads.html

Bt