Movie title time

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

Movie title time

#1 Post by Renodox » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:57 pm

Okay, there are two movie titles that I want to find and one of them is BOUND to be difficult.

The first I know a lot about but just not the title:
A man is killed (I think a car accident) and goes to a place of judgement where they decide if you stay dead or if you go on living.  He has been here several times but keeps getting sent back.  The man is a coward: he was bullied as a kid, ratted out his friend wafter being threatened to loose his tv privlages for a month and payed an extra $500 to go to first class on a plane so he could have a private seat.  Anyway, the case of where he goes is based on court-style cases where there are lawyers and images are shown before judges.  Anyway, he meets a woman whom he really likes and she is really brave: she ran back into a burning house to save the cat.  Possibly the best clue: Eat anything you want and don't gain an ounce.

The second I know very little about:
It's a (badly) animated movie.  The most memorable character is "The All Purpose Animal" who could become any animal he wanted.  Mmm... I know there was a real-world situation where everyone is frozen in time and there are bombs everywhere that will cause people to have nightmares.  ...I rembmer there was a robot that could communicate only through TV scenes (last words: "That's All Folks").  Er... there was a fairy godmother who gave the two heroes The All Purpose Animal and some skinny guy three dimes to summon her.  They would have to throw the dimes up in the air to do it and they went into some pay phone.  The only scene I rember vividly is when the fairy godmother tried interviewing a hero and said "I'll be damsel surrounded by flames..."  The hero: "I'll just suck up those flames!"  He does so, then exhales thereby breathing fire all over the godmother.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:48 pm

The premise of the first one sounds very similar to a movie called The Heavenly Kid, although from the specific events you mention, I don't think it's actually the same film:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089265/

The second one is called Twice Upon a Time:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086489/

Blackthorne519
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Blackthorne519 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 10:11 pm

The first one is DEFENDING YOUR LIFE, staring Albert Brooks and Meryl Streep.  I love that movie.

Bt

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

#4 Post by Renodox » Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:07 pm

THANK YOU!  I just remembered the second one was wierd.