Calling all star trek voyager fan!

This forum is for off-topic discussion. You may talk about all things non-AGDI related here. No links to warez, abandonware, and no Flaming please.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

Calling all star trek voyager fan!

#1 Post by Alias » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:26 pm

A interview with Robert Picardo, its really funny, and gives lot of insight of Robert's role in Star Trek Voyager, its well worth a see, for fans and non fans alike.  ;)

Part 1:
http://mfile.akamai.com/7665/wmv/www.st ... 4/300k.asx

Part 2:
http://mfile.akamai.com/7665/wmv/www.st ... 2/300k.asx

Part 3:
http://mfile.akamai.com/7665/wmv/www.st ... 3/300k.asx

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#2 Post by Uhanimar » Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:53 pm

Huh, star trek voyager. That and enterprise were the only good star treks. :rollin

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#3 Post by Alias » Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:29 pm

Thats because you were still a sperm when the older star Treks were showing and were amazing for their time.  ;)

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#4 Post by Uhanimar » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:56 pm

Alias wrote:Thats because you were still a sperm when the older star Treks were showing and were amazing for their time.  ;)
No i agree. I just think that the other star treks were dull and i didn't agree with they're time theory.

Can people stop coming up with dumb ways of explaining things about me just because i'm 13? I know more then you think.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#5 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:01 pm

I dont care for TOS, but I love TNG, DS9 and VOY. Dont care for Enterprise but the main 3 series' are all as great as each other!!

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#6 Post by Alias » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:17 pm

Dont worry Uhanimar, Im just teasing.  ;)

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#7 Post by Angelus3K » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:21 pm

What "time theory's" are you on about Uhnimar?? Enterprise is the one set way back in the past for some reason  :lol

Uhanimar
Knight Status

#8 Post by Uhanimar » Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:57 am

Angelus3K wrote:What "time theory's" are you on about Uhnimar?? Enterprise is the one set way back in the past for some reason  :lol
I'm talking about they're talk about space and time. I like erwin shrodinger's theorys on time better then eistein's. But thats just me.

Klytos
Infamous Sheik of Australia

#9 Post by Klytos » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:32 am

Uhanimar wrote:Huh, star trek voyager. That and enterprise were the only good star treks. :rollin
I grew up the biggest Star Trek fan. I watched all the classics in reruns at least 20 times each (some like Shore Leave, Trouble with Tribbles, and City on the Edge of Forever I would have watched a lot more than that) then I watched all the TNG stuff when it came out and loved it all too.

Looking back now though I simply can't watch about 1/2 the TNG episodes. There's some brilliance in there, no doubt about it (Best of Both Worlds comes to mind), but there's a lot of total shit too. Try watching anything in Season 1 and tell me it's good sci-fi, it's good drama or it's even good television. Cause the majority of that season isn't. And about the only episode in Season 7 worth watching again is the one where Ensign Ro defects to the Marqui.

I got no major problems with DS9, it certainly picked up it's game in Season 4 and turned into a great show. Probably cause of Babylon 5 airing at around that time.

Voyager is total rubbish. I watched it all, but they were close to losing me a few times. They saved me once by having 7 of 9 join the crew  :D . Besides the introduction episodes that set the scene, and the final episode that rocked as well, the majority of the stuff in the middle was TNG crap.

Enterprise : Well ... I'll leave that one alone I think. Thank God it's finished.

But the classics. Now that's good tele. City on the Edge of Forever, Trouble with Tribbles, Shore Leave, Day of the Dove, Mirror Mirror, The Corbanite Manouver, Miri, geez that's just off the top of my head too. Awesome show. The others have never even gotten close.
A interview with Robert Picardo, its really funny, and gives lot of insight of Robert's role in Star Trek Voyager, its well worth a see, for fans and non fans alike.
Thanks. Very interesting. A good actor and one of the few bright spots in Voyager.

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#10 Post by Charlemagne » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:54 am

I've heard it said that The Original Series was made despite "the system"; all the other ones were made by it.

Ghost_Rider
Knight Status

#11 Post by Ghost_Rider » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:59 am

I used to watch the original one with my parents when I was a wee lad.  Other than that, didn't pay much attention.

Well... that is... until I saw an episode, not even sure which series, with 7 of 9.  She got my FULL attention.  *Drool*   ;)

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#12 Post by Alias » Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:49 am

Indeed The Doctor made me laugh so much with his attitude.  :lol

Relight
Archival Expert

#13 Post by Relight » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:34 pm

My fav is TNG. I stopped watching DS9 around the fourth season and I need to see the whole series, but the DVDs are way too damn expensive. Stupid Paramount.

Voyager is my LEAST fav Trek.

Why do people not like Enterprise? I agree it's not the best. But as many critics have been saying, the fourth season is really the best and is showing how good the show can be.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#14 Post by MusicallyInspired » Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:10 pm

I haven't watched any Enterprise since the first show of the second season. Gotta get back into that again!

And TNG is TOTALLY the best. If you have a bad look on TNG then you obviuosly haven't seen a whole show through. Or at least a few shows through. There were some freaky awesome stories in that show. And I like Voyager a lot, but I'm not too fond of DS9. It had good shows, but overall it wasn't a big success to me. And TOS is also good. I like them all!

Klytos

#15 Post by Klytos » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:01 am

MusicallyInspired wrote:And TNG is TOTALLY the best. If you have a bad look on TNG then you obviuosly haven't seen a whole show through. Or at least a few shows through. There were some freaky awesome stories in that show.
I've seen them all through at least three times each, some a lot more than that. I just find the older I get the less I like the series.

Alias
Royal Vizier Status

#16 Post by Alias » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:27 pm

DS9 was horrible, it was such a drag. So was Enterprise looked like janitors in those outfits.  :lol

Klytos

#17 Post by Klytos » Fri Apr 22, 2005 3:47 pm

They looked like Roger Wilco in the VGA SQ1. Haha I'd never thought of that before.

DS9 really was quite good when the whole dominion war thing happened. I tend to agree that it dragged a bit though a lot of times.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#18 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:35 pm

Yea the Dominion War angle was cool.

Weird as hell ending though!! I thought it was kinda shocking to have such a cliffhanger for a final episode!!

Klytos

#19 Post by Klytos » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:56 am

I think they were planning on hooking it into the next movie, but then they made Nemesis instead, so I forgive them.