Butter Tree

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Talissa
Peasant Status

Butter Tree

#1 Post by Talissa » Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:32 am

I've just downloaded the Tierra KQI, and it's great playing so far. I just wish I wasn't on dial-up, so I could download KQ2! I'd love to see that VGA.

Anyway, it's all been going smoothly until I got to this blasted tree I need to climb to get the egg. I get up there, and no matter what I do, keep falling off. Good thing this isn't Quest For Glory, or I'd be dead by now. Although my climbing points would be right up.

Ah well, I'd better keep trying.

Edit: Ignore that. I got it first try after posting. Typical  :rolleyes

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:18 am

One good thing is that climbing that tree is not necessary to beat the game.

Keep in mind that you have to keep Graham's feet centered on the tree. His upper body and arms don't matter. This will be important to you when you try climbing the bean stalk.

Good luck!

Talissa
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Talissa » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:26 am

The beanstalk wasn't a problem. With the tree, though, I was fooled by the fact that the branch is so straight, so I assumed that if I clicked to where I wanted to go, I'd go straight there without falling. Oops. I'm impressed with the way the ramp down from the clouds was done, though. Makes it nearly as tricky as the original, without the annoying repetition. Although, the dwarf randomly appearing out of nowhere still annoys me, because there's nowhere to go without jumping off to your death, since you can't outrun him.

It's a shame I remember pretty much exactly how to finish all of this from last time I played (years ago), though, because it means I'm just gliding through. Although my sense of direction is screwed, so I spend fifteen minutes just trying to find what I know I need.

~Julia

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:01 pm

Then you should definately try to download and play KQ2VGA. It has a completely revamped plot. Your knowledge of the previous KQ2 won't do you much good.