please enlighten a lost sheep

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

organic2007
Peasant Status

please enlighten a lost sheep

#1 Post by organic2007 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:58 pm

Hello, I just started and I am amazed by how many times I could die :eek  i.e eaten by the river monster, turned into sugar doll, drowing in the well, 'wolfed'...etc.   :rollin
The general fantasy theme is cool but the tasks are all over the place :evil    This is definitely a hard but fun game!  Here are some Qs that I would like to ask fellow gameplayers:
1.From the posts that I read, it there some 'stew' that I could find to fill the bucket? where is the stew? Is it anything to do with the dying woman in the house?
2. How could I climb the tree with the golden egg at the far end  :evil
3. What am I suppose to do with the tolls on the bridges?
4. Could i stab the dwarf, wizard, wolf i.e so that they do not appear again?
5. I used the fairy god mother's protection to defeat the witch, is there anything else that I could do whilst I am under the protection?
6. how am I suppose to know the elf's name - the one that give me 3 chances?!
7. would I ever get out of the forest and meet more people coz so far i got carrot, walnut, 4 leaf clover and I wonder who am I going to give them to?
8. I guess that all items are one use only? and this game require more brain and running around that destorying whoever comes to you?
9. I went to the well and jumped in the bucket; I then pull myself down the well, and swimmed down there when I tried to open the chess, the screen said 'this is not the chest' is there suppose to be something down there?
10.  last but not least, do you have to complete all tasks to gain full points i.e 185?
thanks , i would really apprecipate if anyone would like to share their experience  :eek  :eek   :o   * a map would really help as I am direction blind, hopefully I get to be king!  ;)[/spoiler]

greensenshi
Knight Status

#2 Post by greensenshi » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:23 pm

1. There is an empty bowl to pick up.  You don't fill the bucket with stew, but instead the stew is used for something  else.

2. Simply click  the hand icon on the tree.  Then you have to be very careful and stay on the branch so that you don't fall.

3. The trolls on the bridge can be bribed, or think of a common fairy tale regarding trolls and some billy goats gruff.

4. There is an item late in the game that will protect you from those creatures.

5. The protection will protect you from MOST of the hazards in the game.

6. There is a note in the witch's hut that gives a clue.  A fairy tale about a tiny man who showed a girl how to spin straw into gold might help you there.

7. The forest is looping.  That is, if you keep going in one direction, you will eventually end up in the screen you started in.  Everyone you need to meet is in the game.

8. I don't remember if an item has multiple uses.  This is an adventure game, which means it relies more on your ability to solve puzzles then any actual fighting.

9. There is nothing to concern yourself with down there.  You can't open the chest.

10. Since it appears I can't get a viable link to it, if you go to the main AGDI site, click on games.  Click on KQ1VGA's feature page, scroll all the way down to the bottom, you will see Erpy's guide to KQ1.  That has a full point list and what actions get you what points.

Hope that helps!

organic2007
Peasant Status

#3 Post by organic2007 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:40 pm

thanks for the tips!!

organic2007
Peasant Status

#4 Post by organic2007 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:23 pm

hi, how can I get the fiddle? so far I have clover, egg, walnut, bucket, bowl, carrot, ring , cheese, note and knife. do i give the carrot to the lamb? what should I give to bribe the trolls coz I gave one of them the walnut and it said i should not give the egg away? do I get something else if I answered the name of the genome right?
thanks

greensenshi
Knight Status

#5 Post by greensenshi » Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:11 pm

1. The owner of the fiddle is poor, and he can't afford food for his family.  Something in your inventory should help him with that.  

2. The carrot can be used to lure a certain animal.

3. The troll can be bribed with a couple things.  Just work on his greediness.

4. You get some magic beans if you guess the gnome's name correctly.