YouTube Proposition

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Egger3rd
Peasant Status

YouTube Proposition

#1 Post by Egger3rd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:46 am

Hi everyone.  I was wondering if it would be appropriate for me to make a Recut using this game, and posting it on YouTube.  I didn't find much of anything related to this game on YouTube, and I think people who haven't played the games might enjoy a nice (and incredibly ridiculous) video.  Perhaps after watching it, they'll want to find out more.  I don't know.  
:hat

Here's an example of what I have in mind:
King's Quest VI Recut

Here's another example:
King's Quest V Intro Recut

I'm asking before I do so because I'm not entirely sure if people will appreciate it or find it offensive.  Just letting you know, I love these games; I just love making crazy videos as well.  Please let me know your thoughts on the subject, and if you enjoyed the example videos.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by pass » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:15 pm

King's quest 5 and 6 are both the property of sierra, not AGDI. AGDI remade KQ1 and KQ2, both originally made by sierra as well.

I don't think there should be a problem with you uploading these videos (though since you already have, it's not much of a question anymore...  ;) )

Kurdt
Hero For Hire

#3 Post by Kurdt » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:05 am

I believe he was talking about doing KQ1 and KQ2 videos, using the KQ5 and KQ6 videos he already made as examples of what he wanted to do with the AGDI remakes.

Egger3rd
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Egger3rd » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:56 am

Kurdt wrote:I believe he was talking about doing KQ1 and KQ2 videos, using the KQ5 and KQ6 videos he already made as examples of what he wanted to do with the AGDI remakes.
Correct.

I really should ask the creators of the game beforehand, but I'm asking here also to see if it would be a generally favored idea.

pass
Royal Servant Status

#5 Post by pass » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:34 am

Oh ok, sorry about that.

Well, I'd say yes, but unfortunately it's not up to me to decide...  :\

Egger3rd
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Egger3rd » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:06 am

pass wrote:Oh ok, sorry about that.

Well, I'd say yes, but unfortunately it's not up to me to decide...  :\
Cool.  I was thinking of using some dialogue from the KQ2 remake as well since Graham isn't so talkative in this one.  I'll check with the makers of the game before I upload anything to YouTube though.  In the mean time, I can fool around with some footage and get a better idea of what I can come up with.  Thanks for the vote of confidence though.   ;)