How do I play using Windows Vista??

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

zclaire1
Peasant Status

How do I play using Windows Vista??

#1 Post by zclaire1 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:36 pm

:rolleyes The game keeps freezing every few screens and I'm wondering if it has to do with the operating system. The character just stops moving.

FrostFlameFlare
Peasant Status

Re: How do I play using Windows Vista??

#2 Post by FrostFlameFlare » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:32 pm

I'm not sure, but I myself use Vista on my laptop. I am using Dosbox 0.72. One problem I had was that the gameplay was way too slow. If that's the cause of your problem, you can speed up dosbox by hitting ctrl-F12 a few times. If that doesn't work there is a website called "A Hero's Quest for Glory" http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arcade/7435/ and there are numerous bug-fixes on there with directions on how to use them. Good luck.

Angelus3K
Vampiric Moderator

#3 Post by Angelus3K » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:41 pm

Have you tried the Windows compatability settings? If you right click the KQ1VGA exe file and select compatabilty, one of the options may help there.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:42 pm

I think he's talking about the KQ1VGA remake, which doesn't work in DOSBox. I've noticed a few screens where that happens to me as well. Not sure if it's an operating system issue or what. I'm running XP.

FrostFlameFlare
Peasant Status

#5 Post by FrostFlameFlare » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:46 pm

Oh geez I'm sorry, I must have been on automatic pilot or something. For some reason I thought you were talking about Quest for Glory IV.