Let's Play King's Quest 1 VGA up (SPOILERS)

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Tifas Revenge
Peasant Status

Let's Play King's Quest 1 VGA up (SPOILERS)

#1 Post by Tifas Revenge » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:40 am

Hey all,

This may be new or not to some of you, but I did a Let's Play of King's Quest 1 VGA, and when the new version comes out, I'll re-do it since I have better audio recording.

- Tifa

SPOILER LINK:

*http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 38042833C8

EDIT: I re-did this Let's Play, so new link is up

DrJones
Trusty Riding Saurus

Re: Let's Play King's Quest 1 VGA up (SPOILERS)

#2 Post by DrJones » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 pm

I can't see that video!

Mmm... it seems that Tifas Revenge's account got suspended. Now why did them do that? All his "let's play AGDI games" got lost!

Boogeyman
Knight Status

#3 Post by Boogeyman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:32 am

Apparently, he got REALLY mad when some asshole marked one of his videos (a Doom video, I believe), because of the music used for it. If I remember right, he got into some needless legal trouble. He then destroyed his account in FURY.

Tifas Revenge
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Tifas Revenge » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:50 am

What really happened was that some jerk decided to mark my Tifas Revenge Diablo 2 video and sent it to the RIAA, all just because I used the song "Ice Queen" from Within Temptation... and thus UMG responded and I was forced to shut down my old channel. If you guys want to do something about it, check out the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation), and donate some money to them so that we can all create our own music videos without having to worry about legal crap and copyright. Now mind you, I could have fought them if IO had a lawyer and argued for creative commons, but to put it simply, I just don't have the time, patience and money to deal with it. The RIAA is just plain evil, to put it simple. They plan to sue anyone who has music that is by artists on their lists, and the artists themselves get no share of the settlement at all... the money just goes to suing more people. They specifically target college students and people with low incomes that are suspected of stealing or infringing any copyright whatsoever, and thus they can get as much money as they want without having ot worry about the defendants to retaliate, since none of them can afford lawyers. It's pathetic, it's sick, and disgusting, and it only makes me less inclined to purchase any music at all by any artist who is in their filthy alliance.

As far as my Youtube channel and everything, I have a new one, and I'm going to re-upload all the videos of KQ1 KQ2 and QFG2VGA eventually... just depends on my ISPs upload bandwidth (Cox Cable). I'm going to think twice now about posting any music that is RIAA-filth now... I can just as easily get free music from the Video Game Music Archive (MIDIs). At least most video game music soundtracks aren't by the RIAA at all... IIRC.

Anyway, it's always a grey area when it comes to uploading stuff "you don't own" because I created my own Let's Play of this game and the others, but AGD created the game, so they have full copyright ownership over it, and thus they could just as easily do the same and shut my channel down if they wanted to, but I highly doubt it, since I did not get any complaints at all from Erpy or AGC2; inf fact, they found some of my videos amusing. So yeah, I'm gonna re-upload... and perhaps i nthe future I might consider using [removed] ([removed]'s equivalent of Youtube) if I decide to post anything controversial. Funny thing is, Youtube doesn't enforce their policies equally at all... there are always still music videos out there that are RIAA-filth driven, and none have been taken down... messed up huh? That's why I thought of moving my stuff over to VideoBay, so I wouldn't have to deal with any of Youtube's BS. Believe me, I was pissed as heck that day.

Well, the videos will be back up one way or another. Thanks for watching. My new channel is:
http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoTifasRevenge

- Tifas Revenge

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#5 Post by Erpy » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:37 am

Thanks for the background info. We don't own the copyright to these titles, btw. Activision/Blizzard does. (formerly Vivendi Universal Games did, but the rights transferred to them when Activision and Blizzard merged and took over VU Games)

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#6 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm

Hey TiffasRevenge! Good to hear that you'll be getting the videos back up. It would seem like a lot of effort went down the drain otherwise.

BTW, I had to edit out the references to the site you mentioned in your post, as we don't condone their activities here. Hopefully YouTube will play nice this time and you can keep your videos uploaded there. We can only allow legit sites to be linked to on the forums. Good luck!

kijikun
Peasant Status

#7 Post by kijikun » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:28 am

Glad to see your videos back. I've been doing my own LPs of this, but it's nowhere good as yours.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Kijikun