*Hypothetical* King's Quest 1 +?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

SierraFan1885
Royal Servant Status

*Hypothetical* King's Quest 1 +?

#1 Post by SierraFan1885 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:07 am

King's Quest 1 is a very fun game, and quite nostalgic, and I know King's Quest 1 VGA was done 1:1 for the sake of said nostalgia, but let's say hypothetically sometime down the road it were given the "King's Quest 2 VGA + treatment" Do you think it would benefit from such a treatment? What would you like to see expanded upon?

Personally I think the randomness of the puzzles and item locations (As illogical as some may be) fits with the "magic" of the land of Daventry, so I'm not saying I'm trying to convince AGDI to make such a remake by any means, just wanna spark a little fun hypothical talk...

(Hopefully this is better recieved than the "hypothetical BTTF4 talks on the bttf.com forum!)

Knight Status

Re: *Hypothetical* King's Quest 1 +?

#2 Post by 1234567890 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:49 pm

I have to say, I love the idea ;) And would very much enjoy playing such a game if it were made.

dungeonsofdorks
Royal Servant Status

Re: *Hypothetical* King's Quest 1 +?

#3 Post by dungeonsofdorks » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:22 am

I never liked what Sierra did with the SCI remake of KQ. It lost a lot of its charm, and some playability (like being able to get the shield BEFORE the chest.) Also, something that really bothered me was the change with the woodcutter and his wife. In the AGI version, you could give them the empty bowl and say FILL and they would be overjoyed. In the SCI version, all you can do is give them the filled bowl and they can have a last meal. Whoop-dee-doo.

So I feel that a "plus" remake of KQ1 should start with the AGI and ignore the SCI. But that's my opinion. Actually, start with the IBM/Tandy version. Why not? That one's the best. Granted, it's the first computer game I ever played when I was about 3-5 years old, so I'm somewhat biased.