4.0 Can you turn the voices off?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

AlphaBovine
Peasant Status

4.0 Can you turn the voices off?

#1 Post by AlphaBovine » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi all!

I just wasted money on the KQ Collection from D2D when I found out about this remake so I am both estatic and depressed (at least my wallet is).

Anyway, the game is awesome and feels just like the IV, V and VI and I am it. However, I do have one small gripe. I am trying to see if there is a way to play the game without the voices. While I appreciate the work put into the game and the voice work isn't half bad, I personally can't stand some of them and would rather use my imagination with the text. However when I de-select the voice pack in the setting launcher, the game instructs to me turn them on in order to play.

Is it possible to play the game without the voices or am I required to listen to them for the entirity?
Last edited by AlphaBovine on Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: 4.0 Can you turn the voices off?

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:22 pm

You need to leave the speech.vox enabled in winsetup.exe, but you'll find an option to disable voices from inside the game's Options menu. It can be accessed by moving your mouse to the top of the screen and clicking the icon that looks like a slider bar.