VGA

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

mooghle
Peasant Status

VGA

#1 Post by mooghle » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:06 am

Can you please help me out? I have a Windows XP SP3, IBM Intel(r) Celebron. I went to DirectX, Everest, and Device Manager, but all that it showed me was that my graphics Card was VGASave. Even when I opened up my computer and looked into it's insides, the only readable part was VGA.

pbpb33
Defense Minister Status

Re: VGA

#2 Post by pbpb33 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:35 pm

what are you trying to do?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Re: VGA

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:16 pm

This is a spammer posting a very generic question in hopes that people will think it applies to whatever random forum it's posted in. A search of his user-name in Google shows a few accounts and posts on other PhpBB forums that he's also registered today. He'll post a bunch of threads like this in forums across the net, so that they seem like legitimate questions. Then he'll come back about a week later, after the threads lose interest, and edit a URL into his signatures in these posts so that Google will index his URL with a high ranking.

At least that's the theory. What these spammers fail to realize is that Google's software doesn't pay much attention to nonreciprocal links that are posted on forums. If they did, anyone could simply post a bunch of links across forums and their site would shoot to the number one ranking. But the days were you could pull those sly tricks with spamming links and meta tags are long gone. Nowadays, Google value quality site content above everything else, and a site's Google ranking is mainly determined by the number of one-way nonreciprocal links pointing to a site (preferably from other high traffic sites).

Even so, I've blocked this spammer's account to prevent them from posting a spam URL in his signature at a future date.