Things left out.

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Renodox
Defense Minister Status

Things left out.

#1 Post by Renodox » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:33 am

Well, I've had A LOT of free time on my hands and I've been trying to fill it. I ended up testing the Space Quest II remake and found over 400 mistakes in it. I also did a video on the Easter Eggs, Things to Try, and Funny Messages in King's Quest 1. Well, I'm also working on a "Dead Ends" video.

Getting to the point: you left out a dead end on the "Dead Ends On" mode. In the first two versions of King's Quest 1, it is possible to give the Magic Beans to the Woodcutter. He treats them just like any other kind of food you give him.

Secondly, you left out a death message. I experimented with what happens if you approach the dragon while holding the magic shield. Turns out, neither of the first two versions of the game allows you to survive while doing this. HOWEVER, they BOTH have unique death messages if you do so. THIS version however does not.

Seeing that this is a remake of the 1990 remake you should have this message: "Your shield melted from the intensity of the dragon's flames! Looks like the dragon made an ash out of you."

And to finish this off, I noticed there's still some mistakes in the game. Things like you having the period outside the quotaions when you look at the bowl, or the Fairy Godmother referring to herself in all lowercase but having the words "Fairy Godmother" capitalized when referring to her spell protecting you. And there's a number of times when the narrator uses conjoined words but the text uses sperate words, i.e. Text: "I will be ready to have someone for dinner!" Speech: "I'll be ready to have someone for dinner!"

I don't know if you intend to make any fixes but just so you know they are there.

Taryn
Peasant Status

Re: Things left out.

#2 Post by Taryn » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:09 am

As for the period and quitation marks, I'm pretty sure that either style is considered acceptable. It's like color vs. colour.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Things left out.

#3 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm

Who cares?