Possible glitch?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

TomCaT
Peasant Status

Possible glitch?

#1 Post by TomCaT » Tue May 24, 2011 6:32 pm

During a test some confusing points were found, most of them evaporated though after a quick reading through the frontline of the forum (like an easy beanstalk and a troll, who takes treasure, leaves and then returns - he really does it in the original too). The name of the gnome being spelled with a capital 'R', it didn't work... I thought about it... and some more... and thought it was right.

What remains are three questions:

1. I've chosen the no-dead-ends to try it, started the chest part. I've already reached its whereabouts and returned back - all that without any touching the goat. Its gate was closed before the journey, but on return I've found the gate open, the goat inside and a message about the goat somehow returned home. I've tried to learn if it's a rare incident and started again just the same way, and it appeared again. I've not tested still, if it only refers to the "no-dead-ends" mode (I've also tested the cases, when the gate is opened and forgotten, so the goat leaves and comes and goes again - it is very good). I also recall both times I've passed the screen with the fence. At least the second time for sure, I didn't touch the gate.

2. I've used invisibility (which seems to last much longer) for a long time, and I've reached the bridges. When crossing the stone bridge while invisible, Graham walks normally to the pointed place, but his sprite is showing him walking backwards or something. It happens not always, and I've not completely figured its ways. If using invisibility while already on the bridge, it didn't happen in my case. It didn't happen, when I've stood on southern bank and clicked somewhere north-eastwards across the bridge (so the Graham have chosen mostly North direction). It was often seen when being invisible and entering the stone bridge screen from the south, then clicking north-westwards, and with some other directions.

3. This is a very minor question, and not really a glitch. In Sierra's EGA KQ1, the clover patch was visibly filled with three-leaved clovers (so that even the leaves could be counted) with a high four-leaved clover in the center. Recently and quite accidentally found that it was even more denoted, like a hint: it was an obstacle, and Graham couln't step over it; and it even visibly glistened now and then, how the comment on LOOK CLOVERS says. How about hinting of some kind in future patches, when and if there will be?

TomCaT
Peasant Status

Re: Possible glitch?

#2 Post by TomCaT » Wed May 25, 2011 5:53 pm

TomCaT wrote: 1. Its gate was closed before the journey, but on return I've found the gate open, the goat inside and a message about the goat somehow returned home... I've not tested still, if it only refers to the "no-dead-ends" mode.
1a. Did a little more testing. In the "Dead end ON" mode the goat was inside the closed fence before the travel for the chest. After the return Graham found the gate closed, and no goat inside.