Patch Update for King's Quest 1 (v4.1 to v4.1b)

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

Patch Update for King's Quest 1 (v4.1 to v4.1b)

#1 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:35 am

Here's a minor patch release for the King's Quest 1 remake, which addresses a few small issues This updates version 4.1 to 4.1b. (Windows only, sorry!)

Download King's Quest I (v4.1 to v4.1b Update) (2.09 MB)

Please note that after applying this patch, any previous save-game files from version 4.1 will no longer work.

CHANGES TO VERSION 4.1b
---------------------------
- Fixed: save-game files potentially getting misnumbered and then overwriting existing save-games
- Fixed: Centered all GUIs
- Fixed: Prevented the Fairy Godmother's spell from expiring while flying with the Condor
- Fixed: Graham's reflection in the moat water now updates if he turns just before a textbox appears
- Added: a Confirm Overwrite GUI when trying to save over existing slots without editing the text description

DarkJaguar
Peasant Status

Re: Patch Update for King's Quest 1 (v4.1 to v4.1b)

#2 Post by DarkJaguar » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:36 pm

I recently downloaded the game in full from your web site again (reinstalling games in my new Windows 7 installation) and noticed that the in-game version is 4.1c. I assume this is the latest version and that this patch is now unnecessary? Do you recall what sort of changes there are between 4.1b and 4.1c?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#3 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:11 am

The only change to Version 4.1c is that the launcher files have been changed to a single file called Launcher.exe.

DarkJaguar
Peasant Status

#4 Post by DarkJaguar » Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Ah I see! So my friends don't need to worry about downloading it again. That's good.

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#5 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:04 am

Piash006: There is another way.

Mix half a cup of castor sugar with black pepper then grind in some Rosemary. Tip half the contents over your head and ingest the other half. Strip naked from the waist down and immediately head into your local town or village. Once a large crowd has amassed, spin in circles counter-clockwise on your left leg (being certain to only pivot on the ball of your foot). Keep your right foot pointing forward and your toes perpendicular to ground level. Your hands should be held aloft at either side of your body and flapped up and down like a bird. Spin around 11 times and shout "He's coming!" very loudly at each revolution. You need to yell this at top volume or it won't work.

After that, try clicking the link again and it should be fine.