Esc: Skips walking animation?? KQ1

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

sierranut
Peasant Status

Esc: Skips walking animation?? KQ1

#1 Post by sierranut » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:07 am

Quick question.... I hope. On pg 24 of the .pdf manual where hotkeys are listed, it talks about using the arrow keys as an alternative to the WALK icon.

The next line says: Esc: Skips walking animation (if ESC SKIPS WALK option is on)

What??? I know I probably SHOULD understand this, but I don't. I looked through the manual, the settings, the icons, and everywhere else, but I can't find such an option. I even tried pushing Esc in the game as the character was walking, but....nothing seemed to happen.

Having said that...... OH MY GOODNESS!!! These games are fantastic! I'm on the wrong side of 50, and I played ALL of the old Sierra classics back in the day. I even played the not-so-classic games such as the Laura Bow series, the Manhunter games, Conquest of the Longbow, Codename Iceman, etc, etc. Man! That seems like 2 lifetimes ago.

As the years have gone on, I have missed these types of adventure games, and have mourned their passing, as they've been replaced by blood, carnage, and fast paced shoot em up games. ( I do confess to having a Wii, but just for the golf and bowling!. No.. really, I swear!) :)

Having dropped into Tom Lewandowski's site several times, I knew about these games, but have never gotten around to playing them. Now that I'm retired, I thought I might check them out. WHAT A GREAT JOB you folks have done! I know I'm a few years too late, but I just wanted to say "Thank you!" to the folks responsible, if any of them are still around.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Esc: Skips walking animation?? KQ1

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:02 pm

Your welcome. :)

Taryn
Peasant Status

Re: Esc: Skips walking animation?? KQ1

#3 Post by Taryn » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:46 am

I think the setting should be on the status screen (the screen with the save and quit buttons and the volume control). Maybe it's not present in some versions of the game?