Android?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

chaosensues
Peasant Status

Android?

#1 Post by chaosensues » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:02 am

I've recently discovered the joy that is playing classic adventures games on my Android smartphone/tablet. Is it possible to run KQ1 VGA using an emulator for Android like ScummVM or AnDosBox?

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

Re: Android?

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:45 pm

KQ1VGA (and the rest of AGDI's remakes) use the AGS game engine, which resembles but is not the classic game interpreter(s) that Sierra used. AGS is not virtulaized under ScummVM as it is not one of the supported engines. Many are asking for it and the source is open so I suppose it's just a matter of time. But I doubt anytime soon.

There is I believe, however, a port of AGS itself for the Android. At least, I've heard people running AGS games on it somewhat successfully. Google it.

shadowtails2
Peasant Status

#3 Post by shadowtails2 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:48 am

yeah,That would be great to see king quest remakes on android platform.So please AgD make some android port.

shadowtails2
Peasant Status

#4 Post by shadowtails2 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:09 am

MusicallyInspired wrote: There is I believe, however, a port of AGS itself for the Android. At least, I've heard people running AGS games on it somewhat successfully. Google it.
Here is some ags apk for android:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/ya ... c=44768.20

CalebMartinez
Peasant Status

#5 Post by CalebMartinez » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:34 am

chaosensues wrote:I've recently discovered the joy that is playing classic adventures games on my Android smartphone/tablet. Is it possible to run KQ1 VGA using an emulator for Android like ScummVM or AnDosBox?
Which tablet are you using? Ipad or samsung?