KQ-1 solution?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

RoyP33
Peasant Status

KQ-1 solution?

#1 Post by RoyP33 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:43 am

Hello all,

I have bought myself an original copy of a 2 discs box of KQ: a yellow disc and a blue one.
The installation etc. went well, but running the game is a different story. Higher or lower resolutions, it doesn't matter at all; the attached picture is all I see running the game.
Have I done something wrong? Do I have to change something or anything? If so, please help me out.

My system runs on W-7
Service Pack 1
RAM 3,00 GB
64 bits

Hopefully this will do. Many thanks in advance for your help / answer.

Have a lovely day!

Roy
Attachments

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

[The extension jpg has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

adeyke

Re: KQ-1 solution?

#2 Post by adeyke » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:15 pm

This forum is for AGDI's KQ1 remake, not the Sierra versions. Also, the whole message board is more or less dead. I recommend trying the Sierra Help Pages Forums and tell them exactly which version of the game you have. From what I can see, the problem seems to be that you're using the wrong graphics driver within the game setup. The right one is the 16 color EGA driver. However, the version I have doesn't have a driver that gives a result that looks like that, so I'm not sure.

And setting the Windows resolution certainly won't do anything. It's a DOS game, and it's only in 320x200.