Can't install on Mac

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

aslemon
Peasant Status

Can't install on Mac

#1 Post by aslemon » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi All,

I meet the system requirements and have no problem Downloading the game. However, when I go to open the DMG nothing happens. I'm newer to my mac so I may be doing something inane but please help as I am a huge lover of KQ.

devnet
Peasant Status

Re: Can't install on Mac

#2 Post by devnet » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:21 pm

I also am having the same problem. I have tried on a couple macs that meet surpass the basic requirements. Hoping they address this soon, as I'm having trouble imaging anybody running a mac actually able to open these games at all. I get the same problem with all 3. Is there anybody with a mac that has been able to successfully get any of these games to run?

edenwaith
Royal Servant Status

#3 Post by edenwaith » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:00 pm

I haven't had much luck with trying to get the Mac version of the AGDI games to run on versions of Mac OS X past Snow Leopard (10.6). When I tried running some of the games (such as QFG2) on a newer version of Mac OS X, the game would never start properly. My guess is that these games might need to be rebuilt with the Adventure Game Studio or whatever method was used to create a Mac version of these games.

I also encountered a similar issue when I tried playing the Space Quest 2 remake by Infamous Adventures. I ended up playing that game under Snow Leopard.

Your best bet might be to either play under an older version of Mac OS X, or play under Windows.

Tanker5455
Peasant Status

#4 Post by Tanker5455 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:47 am

I'm digging the thread up because I wanted to ask, is it possible to install it on an emulated version of Mac OS X?

hjensen
Peasant Status

#5 Post by hjensen » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:40 pm

I want to know if this is currently possible as well, I would love to play while in quarantine. Is there any way this might be possible?