[Need]Hints or Walkthrough for KQ1.

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Holo
Peasant Status

[Need]Hints or Walkthrough for KQ1.

#1 Post by Holo » Sat May 01, 2004 3:05 pm

Hello guys. ^^

I never played Kings Quest before and don't really know what to do. :rolleyes
I watched the Introduction, so I know the story and my mission.
But I need a hint, what I shall do first. I searched all the places for items, but I can't do anything now. :rolleyes
well...Please help. ^^

PS: Oder zu Deutsch:
Ich brauch Starterhilfe, da ich alles nach Items durchsucht, aberi ch nichts mit denen machen kann. :rolleyes
Oder kann man einfach ein Walkthrough für den richtigen Teil nehmen?

Thanks/Danke
Holo

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#2 Post by navynuke04 » Sat May 01, 2004 3:57 pm

Well, if you haven't done anything in the game, it's kind of hard to tell you what to do first. I'd suggest exploring Daventry for a while. Try picking things up and talking to people. You're sure to find a puzzle pretty soon. If you have problems with a particular puzzle, feel free to ask!

Holo
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Holo » Sun May 02, 2004 9:36 am

Thx ;)

Well...I have done something.
Like giving the trolls the diamants (spelling >.<), but what's the namen of the gnome? :rolleyes

Thanks again.
Holo

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#4 Post by navynuke04 » Sun May 02, 2004 1:06 pm

Well, you've managed to get by the bridge troll (though you didn't find the best solution to that particular puzzle...). Are you familar with old fairy tales? Look carefully at the device sitting next to him. Do you remember a story where there is a gnome that uses a spinning wheel to spin straw into gold? That is your first clue to finding his name. The second can be found inside the witch's house.

Of course, you can alternatively guess incorrectly three times. He'll still help you on your quest, but in a different way. You also don't get as many points if you guess incorrectly.

Holo
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Holo » Sun May 02, 2004 6:41 pm

navynuke04 wrote:Well, you've managed to get by the bridge troll (though you didn't find the best solution to that particular puzzle...). Are you familar with old fairy tales? Look carefully at the device sitting next to him. Do you remember a story where there is a gnome that uses a spinning wheel to spin straw into gold? That is your first clue to finding his name. The second can be found inside the witch's house.

Of course, you can alternatively guess incorrectly three times. He'll still help you on your quest, but in a different way. You also don't get as many points if you guess incorrectly.
Yes, I know the story.
But I don't know the English name for it.
I only know the name in German, but it's incorrect.
:rolleyes

Nevermind. Thanks for the help. ^^

navynuke04
Honorary AGD

#6 Post by navynuke04 » Sun May 02, 2004 6:42 pm

Holo wrote:Nevermind. Thanks for the help. ^^
I guess that means you've figured it out then... just ask if you need any other pointers.

RD
Peasant Status

#7 Post by RD » Sun May 02, 2004 10:53 pm

You could have a look under the hints on the AGDI website?