Bug Report!: v3.0

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

The Avatar
Knight Status

Bug Report!: v3.0

#1 Post by The Avatar » Tue May 11, 2004 1:02 pm

Hey guys, :(
I was just playing KQ1 again to find that new easter egg (with the goat), and anyhow, at this time I did not have the goat following me.. I walked up from the snake screen to the cabin screen, and Graham went up, apparently towards the cabin door and disappeared as if he had gone inside, but I didn't tell him to go in, and the screen didn't follow.. I was just stuck with my cursor in the middle of the outside-of-cabin screen, with no character to control! :eek Not good...

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#2 Post by Spikey » Tue May 11, 2004 1:30 pm

I believe that bug has been reported already.

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#3 Post by Erpy » Tue May 11, 2004 2:43 pm

Whoa! If typing in caps is already considered shouting, this one would turn me deaf within a matter of microseconds. :eek

Anyway, yeah, it has been reported already. If we'd ever compile a new version, this one would be the first on my list to fix. (I implemented over 200 instances of the walk in/walk out script in total and probably gave the wrong coordinates on this one)

The Avatar
Knight Status

already reported..

#4 Post by The Avatar » Tue May 11, 2004 3:34 pm

Ah,
See, I should have figured it had already been reported ;) After all, it has been several months since the version came out. Sorry Erpy.. Now if I hadn't taken a break from Tier - uh - AgdI, maybe I would have been there when it was first reported! ha.
:rolleyes
*jumps down from the bell tower, embarassed to have alerted the citizens about last year's raid..*

Spikey
Insomniac Speed Demon

#5 Post by Spikey » Tue May 11, 2004 3:36 pm

"And the boy in the belfry, he's crazy,
He's throwing himself
Down from the top of the tower
Like a hunchback in heaven
He's ringing the bells in the church
For the last half an hour
And he sounds like he's missing something
Or someone that he knows he can't have now
And if he isn't, I certainly am"

Vildern
The Sleepy Specter

#6 Post by Vildern » Mon May 24, 2004 4:40 am

I implemented over 200 instances of the walk in/walk out script in total and probably gave the wrong coordinates on this one)
Erpy, did you help programming the game? Then, how come I didn't know about it? I don't believe I ever heard you were made and AGD3 ;)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#7 Post by Erpy » Mon May 24, 2004 4:42 am

I wasn't. I helped bug fix version 3.0, which involved some scripting, yes. I didn't want to put myself next to AGD2 in the scripting section, because he's the one who ultimately programmed the game, so I put myself under beta testing instead.