New KG 1 VGA Walkthrough. (Just first part of it.)

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Sir Nyrhinen
Royal Servant Status

New KG 1 VGA Walkthrough. (Just first part of it.)

#1 Post by Sir Nyrhinen » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:29 pm

Hey this is one part of my new walkthrough:
Hope you'll like that. :D

[spoiler]Magic Shield:

Go to castles entrance. Then move 2 screens west. There are 2 large rocks. Move rock. Take dagger from hole.
Go two screens west (Again) and one screen north. You will find yourself standing next to an old well. Cut the rope, Graham takes automaticly that bucket. Go down to bottom of the well. Fill bucket with water. Dive. Swim to shore.
Now theres two ways to kill/eliminate the dragon. You can throw water on dragon or you can throw your dagger to dragons neck. If you eliminate the dragon with water you will get more points than just killing the dragon.
When you have eliminated the dragon take the magic mirror. Now you have your first treasure item. Hooray![/spoiler]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry my bad english (i'm from finland :D.) That will be corrected.

If there is something wrong, reply at once!

(And again.) Hope you'll like that. :lol

Brainiac
Royal Vizier Status

Don't do that

#2 Post by Brainiac » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:32 pm

No offense, Nyrhinen, but there are already comprehensive walkthroughs for both games through the main AGDI site. You really shouldn't put this up here.

If you really do want to put it up though, you might consider just posting a link to an off-site file or use the spoiler option; since it's there and you will most definitely be spoiling people, you should use it.

Sir Nyrhinen
Royal Servant Status

KG 1 VGA

#3 Post by Sir Nyrhinen » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:46 pm

Oh sorry, i'll use spoiler when i put these things to forum. I will put that thing to my web site. So don't worry :D , you don't have to put it on your AGD Page.

Snarky
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Snarky » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:18 pm

Dude, are you aware of this? Or this? Or this? Or this? Or these (which are mostly identical in terms of puzzles)?

You know, it's great that you want to help, but your energies are better spent elsewhere.
Last edited by Snarky on Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relight
Archival Expert

#5 Post by Relight » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:28 pm

Actually, and as this has come up recently too, I don't like walkthroughs that are all written out like that. They're really hard to follow. If you wanted to play through a game with a walkthrough. Either you're following it and you lose your place, or you just want help with one thing and then it takes you a long time to go through and find that one thing.

I prefer point form any day.

You could still do precise instructions in a point-form walkthrough if you wanted to, such as "move one screen west."

zigi
Peasant Status

#6 Post by zigi » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:37 pm

some1 could make walkthrough for gamefaqs....

i can make a walkthrough for breath of fire 2 but i wont ...(with all the secrets and stuff)