how to enter the witch house?!?!?!??!?!?!

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

zigi
Peasant Status

how to enter the witch house?!?!?!??!?!?!

#1 Post by zigi » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:33 pm

the walkthrough says i need to do what the kids did in the fairy tale,
the problem is I DONT KNOW THAT FAIRY TALE !!! (i know very little)

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#2 Post by Erpy » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:53 pm

The house looks delicious, so do what everyone would do when they saw a house of candy. If someone's home, leave the screen and re-enter. If nobody's home, just open the door.

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#3 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:53 pm

The Fairy Tale is Hansel and Gretel, and in that story the old witch gets shoved into the boiling pot.

Anyway, you can't do that if you can't get into the house in the first place, now can you? :p To get into the house, just knock on the door. If the witch answers and tells you to enter, then leave the screen and return and try again. Keep doing this until it mentions there is no response, meaning the witch isn't at home. That's when you can go in and look around - at least for a little while...

~Wolfgang

Charlemagne
Canadian Pundit

#4 Post by Charlemagne » Mon Jun 28, 2004 12:19 am

The Fairy Tale is Hansel and Gretel, and in that story the old witch gets shoved into the boiling pot.
Doesn't the witch get shoved into an oven? I'll have to read that fairy tale again....

Wolfgang Abenteuer

#5 Post by Wolfgang Abenteuer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:48 pm

Ah, I think you're right, it is an oven.

Dunno. Never actually read it myself, but I believe you are correct. 'Sides this is Daventry - ovens haven't been invented yet so they have to go with the next best thing! ;)

~Wolfgang

Simon Charles
Peasant Status

#6 Post by Simon Charles » Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:01 pm

Wolfgang Abenteuer wrote:Ah, I think you're right, it is an oven.

Dunno. Never actually read it myself, but I believe you are correct. 'Sides this is Daventry - ovens haven't been invented yet so they have to go with the next best thing! ;)

~Wolfgang
And the original KQ had an oven, if I recall correctly.

SlothZ
Peasant Status

The Witch's House

#7 Post by SlothZ » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:07 am

Actually, when its said to do what the children do, you have missed part of it. Grab part of the sides of the house or the roof. You will then begin tasting the house. When you do so, the witch either will or will not say something about a mouse eating her house. THIS ALSO GIVES YOU POINTS AND IS NECCESARY FOR FULL POINTS! If there is no message from the witch after eating her house, you are free to enter as she is not present. When inside, be sure to get the note AND to look inside the cupboard and get the cheese inside. Should the witch be on her way into the house you will see a message about her smelling something tasty inside her house. Run into the bedroom (just go to the far right, its kind of hard to tell that it's another room with the graphics). Then, when she enters and begins stirring her pot, walk close to her and then push her in! Viola! THE WITCH IS DEAD!

SlothZ
Peasant Status

Easter Eggs!

#8 Post by SlothZ » Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:10 am

Oh yes! I forgot! There are also TWO easter eggs involving this room! The first one you can only do inside of the witch's house. While inside, look at the smoke above the pot. You'll see a cool little easter egg! Also, an even better one involves the note found inside the witch's house. Read the letter several times. Eventually, a new message will appear!

Erpy
Forum Administrator

#9 Post by Erpy » Mon Aug 02, 2004 4:42 am

Two points here:

- Please don't post spoilers unless someone asks for it specifically.

- Please don't double-post. There is an edit-button on each of your own posts and you can use it to add information later if there is no followup post to your own post yet.

Furthermore, I noticed you revived several really old threads. Like adeyke said, please don't do that. The discussions have been dead for months. Let them have their rest.

(oh, and welcome)

arganite
Royal Servant Status

#10 Post by arganite » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:20 am

Hmm ive been having problems with this too and this has saved me the time to make a thread. Thanks.