Who are these people?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

sophieblue
Peasant Status

Who are these people?

#1 Post by sophieblue » Sun Oct 31, 2004 1:34 am

Reading the credits I see Wells Lorin and Stephen Swincer, who died young (27 and 18 respectively). Who were they? Is there a special story?

Anonymous Game Creator 2
The Prince of Shapeir

#2 Post by Anonymous Game Creator 2 » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:16 am

Wells Lorin is AGD1's dad who started her playing Sierra games -- King's Quest in particular.

Stephen Swincer was a friend of mine who introduced me to the King's Quest games (and Sierra games), who died in a car accident.

If it weren't for them, we probably would have never started Tierra/AGDI, nor remaking these games.

sophieblue
Peasant Status

Special People

#3 Post by sophieblue » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:41 am

Thanks. I always wonder about the "In Memorium" credits in games, movies etc. There are always people who inspire us through life, although sometimes we don't realize it until they are gone.

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#4 Post by Vipt » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:44 pm

It's always good to know a little more about how certain people in an author/artist's life inspired the author/artist and his/her artistic work. The 'In Memoriam' for both games was very touching when I first saw each. To immortalize someone in a work that that person inspired and of which they'd have been proud is one of the fittest tributes to a deceased loved one.

BTW, if it's true that AGD1's father died at only 27 years of age, she must have been very young when he first introduced her to adventure games. I think it is a wonderful tribute to her father that she is now making her own adventure games, and I'm sure he is very proud of her even now. And certainly not just for the adventure games she has had part in creating, but in the whole creative, intelligent, talented, and accomplished (and beautiful :o ) young lady she has become.