Game keeps crashing

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Eliot
Peasant Status

Game keeps crashing

#1 Post by Eliot » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:04 pm

Guessing the gnome's name--as Rumplestiltskin, Nikstlitselpmur, or Bob--leaves the game stuck: the cursor's a crown, the menu bar is greyed out, and nothing I click or key makes a difference. The gnome's stopped whittling, but the river in the bottom left corner is still sparkling.

The same thing happens after I've defeated the dragon and try to take the mirror. "Congratulations!" it tells me, and then BAM, frozen.

Also, I found my fairy godmother and she cast the protection spell on me, but afterwards I was unable to move--I could look at things, touch myself (or rather, the feather in my cap), interact with my inventory, but I couldn't walk anywhere.

Does anyone know what's going wrong, or how to fix it?

Vipt
Royal Servant Status

#2 Post by Vipt » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:06 pm

You're more likely to get help if you post in the Technical/Bugs Forum. Just mention that the problem is with KQ1VGA. Sorry, I myself cannot help you, since the game hasn't regularly frozen on me at any particular point. It likely has something to do with Windows XP, if that's indeed what you are using.

Eliot
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Eliot » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:10 pm

I'm actually running Windows 2000 SP4. Thanks for the tip, though; I'll move the post.