How to push the witch in the cauldron?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Aniza
Peasant Status

How to push the witch in the cauldron?

#1 Post by Aniza » Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:39 pm

This is a really exciting game! :eek I've got 151 points last time. But how it's possible to push the witch in cauldron, to get the last 7 points? If I'm protected by FGM spell or shield, she disappears at once. Otherwise I don't have any chance, before she makes gingerbread from me. Can anybody help me?

Jafar
Super Star

#2 Post by Jafar » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:00 pm

[spoiler]When you hear the witch's voice, hide in her room. Then sneak behind her carefully. Don't get too close, or she will see you.[/spoiler]

Aniza
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Aniza » Mon Nov 29, 2004 4:45 pm

Hi Jafar,

thank you! It works, wow!

NYCaribou
Peasant Status

Re: Pushing the Witch into her cauldron

#4 Post by NYCaribou » Tue Feb 08, 2005 9:04 pm

Okay, thanks for the help with the Elf, everyone. I'm now up to this point in the game (the Gingerbread House) and it seems I can't get INTO the house without FIRST knocking on the door and letting the Witch know that I'm there... as a result, she's ready and waiting soon as I enter and the game doesn't even PERMIT me to budge a muscle before she's standing right in front of me throwing the little "Graham Cracker" spell.

Presuming I have to enter the house without her knowing I'm there... is that a random thing too (like with the Elf) or is there another secret?

(EDIT: Guess I answered my own question... went and did the troll/goat puzzle first and the witch wasn't home next time I came by. Okay, got past that, plus the gnome and Cloudland and I have the chest. See my next post, "How EXACT does it have to be?" for an update on what I'm currently stuck at :p

NYC

kings knight
Peasant Status

#5 Post by kings knight » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:15 pm

Hide in her room then sneek up beneth and push her in. :\

adeyke

#6 Post by adeyke » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:20 pm

The question was already answered months ago.  Don't reply to ancient posts.