Impossible Condor scene, will someone help?

This forum is for discussion about the King's Quest VGA remake. Hints tips, etc.

Moderators: adeyke, VampD3, eriqchang, Angelus3K

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

Impossible Condor scene, will someone help?

#1 Post by Gardenburger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:22 pm

ok ok ive read your inquires about how you should stand on the X" and still nothing. No wait, lets back it up after i got the "CHEST" in the clouds and then recieving the "RING" from the Elf, my walkthrough says: "SWIM EAST (which would be the next screen left), SWIM (derf er ..ok I die if i remain swimming but whatever) AND THEN WALK EAST (but you can't just hop out of the water by the cliffs, you must go backtrack one screen and then walk east), GO EAST, GO EAST... CAVE-with X in the middle (where in the hell is Condor?)" Would somebody please elaborate this one last time? truely a headache. BTW Im using AGD new version that I uploaded, am I using the old walkthrough or something?

-gardenburger

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#2 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:28 pm

ok ok ive read your inquires about how you should stand on the X" and still nothing.
I don't know what to tell you here it works for me. Are you clicking the hand cursor on it as it flies by while you're standingon the X?
No wait, lets back it up after i got the "CHEST" in the clouds and then recieving the "RING" from the Elf, my walkthrough says: "SWIM EAST (which would be the next screen left),
Wrong. East is right not left.
GO EAST, GO EAST... CAVE-with X in the middle (where in the hell is Condor?)" Would somebody please elaborate this one last time? truely a headache. BTW Im using AGD new version that I uploaded, am I using the old walkthrough or something?
The way I did it I went to the dragon and got the mirror first and came out of the cave and the condor was right there waiting for me.

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

#3 Post by Gardenburger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:37 pm

Ok i get it, where is the "DRAGON", in the "CAVE" you say? to recieve my vanity "MIRROR" and how to I get it the DOOR at the end is a ROCK?? Until I recieve that Item eventually, miraculously the "CONDOR" appears there after my departure of the bloody CAVE??

much help here is appreciated sorry bout the inconvenience.

-gardenburger
Last edited by Gardenburger on Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MusicallyInspired
The Master of All Things Musical

#4 Post by MusicallyInspired » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:40 pm

The dragon is on the other side of the dead end in the cave.

To get there you need to go in the well. Do some exploring you'll find it soon enough.

And be a little more polite, man. I can understand you're frusteration but don't take it out on us.

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

#5 Post by Gardenburger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:44 pm

will do just that!

thank you kindly!!

cheers

-gardenburger

Gardenburger
Peasant Status

HAHA! IT WORKED!!

#6 Post by Gardenburger » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:20 pm

Yes, the new version is way different then the old walkthrough, or just up until the CONDOR scene. I guess you need something else just before going east than the old walkthrough says. Definately the CHEST and MIRROR will make that bloody er sorry helpful pigeon come floating about.

Thanx everyone for all your generous support. It was fun!!

Great ending, now i can go to bed!

-gardenburger[/b]

adeyke

#7 Post by adeyke » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:56 am

I merged the two threads.  Keep all your questions in this one.

sierra made two versions of KQ1.  AGDI's remake is based on the newer version.  In that, the condor only appears when you have two of the treasures.  Your walkthrough must have been based on the older version of it.